Technics SA 8000X CD-4

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manimarco

First let me say I really like 70's equipment. Well this is my first Quad. It is a Technics SA 8000X CD-4. I just need to clean the scratchy pots. I hooked it up to my Lafayette goodmans and it sounds great! What is you guys opinion of this unit? Thanks CIMG3139.JPGCIMG3137.JPGView attachment 32041CIMG3136.JPG

I had one, but sold it a couple of years ago (the pic is from my 'For Sale' ad). I liked it a lot, but it is primarily a CD-4 receiver. It doesn't have much in the way of matrix decoding. That is why I sold it. It is a beautiful unit though, very well-built. Make sure that you clean the bridging (2-4 channel) switch on the back. It can cause channel dropouts if it is dirty, and yours looks like it came from a smoker. Also, if you clean the sliders, make sure to use a cleaner that is designed for this purpose. Don't use regular pot cleaner.

Attachments

• technics-sa8000xc.jpg
    technics-sa8000xc.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 225
  • 2-4 Switch.jpg
    2-4 Switch.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 210
I had one, but sold it a couple of years ago (the pic is from my 'For Sale' ad). I liked it a lot, but it is primarily a CD-4 receiver. It doesn't have much in the way of matrix decoding. That is why I sold it. It is a beautiful unit though, very well-built. Make sure that you clean the bridging (2-4 channel) switch on the back. It can cause channel dropouts if it is dirty, and yours looks like it came from a smoker. Also, if you clean the sliders, make sure to use a cleaner that is designed for this purpose. Don't use regular pot cleaner.

Thanks, I did clean the sliders but I used circuit board cleaner not pot cleaner. I did not even think about the switch on the back, Thanks again.

Back