Techno-newby. Please be kind.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghyman

I run the sound board at our church, and know a little about computers.
Currently I videotape the sermons, and use Nero to burn the video for archiving and for people that miss services.

Lately, our youth pastor has brought in some local groups for the Wed. night youth services, and I want to make a little bit better quality DVD for playback on a home theater system.

Adobe Audition looks like it will get me part way there, but I can't find how to take the last step...
I can record 4 separate channels off of the board, and can (and have in the past) record them into a computer as 4 different wave files.
It looks like Adobe Audition will let me mix these 4 files into 5.1, and then save it as either 6 wave files, or an 'interlaced' wave file. This is where I start to get a little lost.

How can I take this (or these) file(s) and burn them to a DVD, while preserving the 5.1?

I have been through this forum, but most of it is over my head, and is making me more confused than when I started.

I guess what I am looking for is a beginner's guide... Does anyone know of a "how to" that is in layman's terms?

Thank you.

Probably the best place to find out all the infos you need is the site www.doom9.org both in the guides and the forum.
A couple of suggestion i can give regarding the "audio" stuff:
- if you have already a 4 channel mix that sounds ok, don't trash it trying to create a LFE channel that is more mess than you can possibly imagine and if it is really needed, just derive a center channel and no more.
Then you need to encode the files to AC3 multichannel, and author the dvd... www.doom9.org is ok for this. Be aware of keeping a/v sync: it's tricky at first, then you get used and it goes ok.

Back