The Band - Music From Big Pink (50th Anniversary CD/Blu-Ray/2LP/7" Deluxe Set)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any opinions on the stereo release? I own the SHM SACD UIGY-9657. The new box set will arrive tomorrow. Just wondering if there would be an audio advantage for the 2018 stereo mix?
Zimmy seems to have the "not so critical" approach to surround that I have so I am sure I will be happy with the surround.

Any opinions on the stereo release? I own the SHM SACD UIGY-9657. The new box set will arrive tomorrow. Just wondering if there would be an audio advantage for the 2018 stereo mix?
Zimmy seems to have the "not so critical" approach to surround that I have so I am sure I will be happy with the surround.
Something tells me you are going to LOVE the new surround disc. I don't have it......well...yet... something just tells me. :)

I think you'll be satisfied with it. Not all tracks have surround but the ones that do are well done and as a whole it sounds wonderful. At least the annoying HISS present on the DVD~A of The Weight is gone. Very classy packaging.

What we DO need is a UHD 4K remaster of The Last Waltz!

TheLastWaltz-1400x480.jpg

I was at the Last Waltz, Winterland, came in after the dinner portion, I was 19 years old , dont remember much except it was cool, so any video in any aspect is good for me. I own the best audio MOFI SACD and the BD for video.

You ARE THE MAN, Markie P!

BTW, the MLP DVD~A 5.1 ain't too shabby, homey!

lw_dvd_audio_small.jpg

Last edited:
I've listened once to the 5.1 mix and like it a lot. I need to listen a few more times to post any details. The acapella version I Shall Be Released is spectacular.

Speaking of The Last Waltz, a new BD edition from Masters of Cinema comes out in November just in time for Thanksgiving: The Last Waltz. One of these days I need to spring for the DVD-A to have a copy of the soundstage performances.

Back