The Band - Music From Big Pink (50th Anniversary CD/Blu-Ray/2LP/7" Deluxe Set)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine arrived yesterday from Wally World. Their e mail cracked me up. Your package was shipped on Aug 31 and your package will be delivered on Aug.31. That's fast. Was looking for the drone. Wait, that's Amazon. Between the speed of shipping, price and great packaging I may have to re evaluate Wally World for future purchases.

Mine arrived yesterday from Wally World. Their e mail cracked me up. Your package was shipped on Aug 31 and your package will be delivered on Aug.31. That's fast. Was looking for the drone. Wait, that's Amazon. Between the speed of shipping, price and great packaging I may have to re evaluate Wally World for future purchases.

My BIG PINK box arrived a day after their email and was shipped Fed Ex. As you state, it was incredibly carefully packaged and the set emerged from the box as if it just came 'off the presses.' As I previously stated.....a beautiful set and a very nice sounding 5.1 remix.

My BIG PINK box arrived a day after their email and was shipped Fed Ex. As you state, it was incredibly carefully packaged and the set emerged from the box as if it just came 'off the presses.' As I previously stated.....a beautiful set and a very nice sounding 5.1 remix.
Ugh.....I'd kill to spin those 45 rpm's......

Ugh.....I'd kill to spin those 45 rpm's......

And it'll be GOOD EXERCISE, Gene with roughly 12 minutes playing time per side. And they're 180g. But NO surround ...... which supports the theory ... you can't HAVE EVERYTHING!

Maybe it's time, in support of this set, to paint your cinderblocks HOT PINK!

Pink-pink-29470300-1024-768.jpg

And it'll be GOOD EXERCISE, Gene with roughly 12 minutes playing time per side. And they're 180g. But NO surround ...... which supports the theory ... you can't HAVE EVERYTHING!

Maybe it's time, in support of this set, to paint your cinderblocks HOT PINK!

Pink-pink-29470300-1024-768.jpg
But...but......I mean....Pink has a nice butt....

I do like to rip any and all of my 45 rpm vinyls.......

Just had a quick listen and I have to admit that I'm disappointed. The 5.1. mix is certainly a mixed bag. Some songs are really good and discrete, some not at all. See below the comparison title 2 (to kingdom come) and title 5 (the weight), no action at all on the rears:
audacity.jpg

Just had a quick listen and I have to admit that I'm disappointed. The 5.1. mix is certainly a mixed bag. Some songs are really good and discrete, some not at all. See below the comparison title 2 (to kingdom come) and title 5 (the weight), no action at all on the rears:
View attachment 34628
So, since you are checking with Audacity - how many of the songs do seem discreet and how many not?

I just ordered this and now I'm thinking of canceling after seeing that wave representation of The Weight. It's kind of weird, most of the music is in the center channel. I don't think I've seen or heard that before.

So, since you are checking with Audacity - how many of the songs do seem discreet and how many not?

Hi,

titles 1, 5 and 8 are not discrete, rather 3.1 with some 'double stereo' in the rears. However, the songs which ARE discrete are quite good.

Probably part of my disappointment is the 'value for money'. Here in Europe you have to pay at least 90 Euros at the moment (appr. 105 USD). The price in America is much better!

Cheers,
Andreas

I just ordered this and now I'm thinking of canceling after seeing that wave representation of The Weight. It's kind of weird, most of the music is in the center channel. I don't think I've seen or heard that before.

I can confirm that it sounds as bad as it looks :) There's a great 5.1 studio version of "the weight" on the hard-to-find DVD-A of "The Last Waltz": https://www.discogs.com/The-Band-The-Last-Waltz/release/3307246 or https://www.discogs.com/The-Band-The-Last-Waltz/release/6753249

I can confirm that it sounds as bad as it looks :) There's a great 5.1 studio version of "the weight" on the hard-to-find DVD-A of "The Last Waltz": https://www.discogs.com/The-Band-The-Last-Waltz/release/3307246 or https://www.discogs.com/The-Band-The-Last-Waltz/release/6753249
This was really interesting news to me! I have the DVD-A of The last waltz but have not discovered that it has better parts than the movie which i have two versions of. I checked and the audio is definitely better on this song compared to the film. I waiting for the box to be delivered today so this can be an good way to spending the time. I had even thought about getting rid of the DVD-A. I am very happy i didnt now.

Back