'The Beatles' (White Album) [50th Anniversary Box Set with 5.1 Blu-ray Disc!]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
We all have it real good. My mom told me that when Sgt. Pepper came out she had to wait months. She was living in Jerusalem, and the only way to hear it was on a Palestinian radio station that was playing the album in a loop the week it was released. My grandfather didn't approve of her listening to rock music, and certainly not on a Palestinian radio station, so she had to sneak out of the house and school with a transistor radio that wouldn't last long, and listen to it in parts. It was months more before she actually had the album. It's all kinds of cool that I get to wait for a Beatles album release like this too :)
The White Album I was told was illegal to own in parts or all of the communist USSR. Kids would go out of town deep into the woods to play it in secret. A big deal to get a copy and get your close friends together to hear something this forbidden,

I asked my Grandma for a rock album for Christmas when I was 8 years old. She went into the record store in Riverside CA and asked them what was the "big album" that year. They told her that the White Album was it for sure. So that was my first album ever owned. All 45s before that.

Christmas of '68 will always mean this album for me.

Has anyone else ordered their copy from the Beatles store (UK)? I haven't had an email to say it's dispatched yet, but I have no idea how prompt their service usually is.

I've ordered from Burning Shed, haven't had shipping notification yet, I'm getting very twitchy!
Had notification of Tull & Hendrix (Amazon) & Marillion (Racket Records) though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back