The Cure 40 Live (CURÆTION-25 & ANNIVERSARY 2-Disc Blu-Ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Very excited about this! I'm sure there will be a Blu-Ray release sometime later this year!
https://www.thecure.film/home/

AT 8PM ON SUNDAY 9TH JULY 1978 IN THE ROCKET, A SMALL SMOKEY PUB IN CRAWLEY SUSSEX, THE CURE PERFORMED THEIR VERY FIRST SHOW. AROUND 65 PEOPLE JOINED IN THE FUN.

AT 8PM ON SATURDAY 7TH JULY 2018 IN HYDE PARK, A BIG GREEN SPACE IN LONDON, THE CURE TOOK TO THE STAGE TO CELEBRATE 40 YEARS OF PLAYING LIVE. AROUND 65,000 PEOPLE JOINED IN THE FUN.

TO CAPTURE THIS SECOND HISTORIC EVENT IN ALL ITS TECHNICOLOUR GLORY, THE BAND TURNED TO THE MAN RESPONSIBLE FOR MOST OF THE CURE’S ICONIC VIDEOS, AS WELL AS THEIR AWARD WINNING 1986 FILM ‘IN ORANGE’ - LONG-TIME COLLABORATOR AND MAVERICK DIRECTOR TIM POPE.

THE PERFORMANCE TIM POPE FILMED THAT PERFECT SUMMER EVENING WAS ONE OF THE MOST MEMORABLE CONCERTS OF THE CURE’S LONG CAREER; AS GIANT SIZED SCREENS DANCED, GLITCHED AND FIZZLED WITH IMAGES OF RAGING SEAS, SHIMMERING WEBS AND BROKEN HEARTS, THE CURE FLOWED, FLOATED, PUSHED, POUNDED AND POWERED THEIR WAY THROUGH A 29 SONG 135 MINUTE SPECTACULAR, ON A SPELLBINDING TRIP THROUGH FOUR DECADES OF ALTERNATIVE POPULAR MUSIC.

SAYS POPE: “I WENT TO REHEARSALS IN A VERY CRAMPED STUDIO JUST THE DAY BEFORE THE SHOW, AND SAT IN THE GROUP’S MIDST AS THEY RAN THROUGH THE SONGS. I KNEW AS THE SET LIST UNFOLDED THAT THE ONLY WAY TO SHOW PEOPLE THE REAL CURE WAS TO CAPTURE NOT ONLY THE GRAND, EPIC DIMENSION OF THEIR STAGE SHOW, BUT ALSO THE CLOSE, INTIMATE SIDE OF THIS BAND SIMPLY MAKING MUSIC TOGETHER. NEVER HAS ROBERT SUNG SO WELL, NOR HAS THE CURE PLAYED MORE PASSIONATELY, MORE TIGHTLY, MORE POWERFULLY.”

AS THE FILM WAS EDITED TOGETHER ACROSS THE ENSUING MONTHS, SMITH AND POPE WORKING CLOSELY TOGETHER, CURE FOH SOUND MAN PAUL CORKETT, WHO HAD MIXED THE SHOW LIVE ON THE NIGHT, WAS BROUGHT IN TO HELP ROBERT CREATE THE ACCOMPANYING SOUNDSCAPE. MIXING TOOK PLACE AT BRIGHTON ELECTRIC STUDIOS IN LATE 2018, FINAL TWEAKS TO THE THEATRICAL 5.1 AUDIO BEING CARRIED OUT AT ABBEY ROAD STUDIOS IN EARLY 2019. AS WITH THE 4K VISUALS POPE HAD SNARED WITH HIS CAMERAS, THE AIM WAS TO CREATE A TOTALLY IMMERSIVE EXPERIENCE FOR CINEMA-GOERS.

LOOKING BACK NEAR THE END OF THE SHOW, ROBERT SAYS TO THE AUDIENCE “IF YOU’D ASKED ME IN THE ROCKET WHAT I’D BE DOING IN 40 YEARS, I WOULD HAVE GOT THE ANSWER VERY WRONG… BUT IT’S THANKS TO EVERYONE AROUND ME, AND TO YOU ALL AS WELL THAT I’M STILL HERE… SO THANK YOU VERY MUCH! IT’S BEEN A GOOD FOUR DECADES… HERE’S TO THE NEXT ONE!”

IN MARCH 2019 SMITH AND THE REST OF THE CURE – SIMON GALLUP, JASON COOPER, ROGER O’DONNELL AND REEVES GABRELS - WERE INDUCTED INTO THE ROCK AND ROLL HALL OF FAME, ANNOUNCING EXCITING NEWS LATER THAT SAME NIGHT ABOUT THE PROGRESS OF THE GROUP’S FIRST NEW STUDIO ALBUM IN MORE THAN A DECADE.

“ANNIVERSARY 1978-2018” WAS AND IS THE CURE DRAWING A QUITE REMARKABLE LINE BETWEEN THEIR PAST AND THEIR FUTURE.

THE CURE - ANNIVERSARY 1978-2018 LIVE IN HYDE PARK LONDON

Very cautiously optimistic - Bob Smith has a pretty poor record with following through with things he says are coming.

October 18, 2019 - CURÆTION-25: From There To Here / From Here To There + Anniversary on 18 October 2019, formats: 2DVD / 2BLU-RAY / 2DVD+4CD / 2BLU-RAY+4CD (40pg booklet, 10inch hardback)
Cure-40-Live.jpg

https://www.levykauppax.fi/dvd/cure...o_here_from_here_to_there_anniversary/#645093A description of the content of the two Blu-Rays:

CURÆTION-25: From There To Here | From Here To There
Captured on the tenth and final night of the 25th Meltdown Festival (curated by lead singer Robert Smith) at London’s Royal Festival Hall in June 2018. Presented in HD with 5.1 surround sound, Smith, Simon Gallup, Jason Cooper, Roger O’Donnell, and Reeves Gabrels performed a song from each of their 13 studio albums in chronological order, displaying the evolution of The Cure’s music live on stage. At the core of the set, they broke the cycle with some new, unreleased songs – offering a glimpse into the band’s future – before retracing their steps with another song from each album, ending with “Boys Don’t Cry.”
ANNIVERSARY: 1978-2018 Live In Hyde Park London
Released in cinemas globally on the 11th July, ANNIVERSARY: 1978-2018 Live In Hyde Park London features the band’s acclaimed 29-song, 135-minute anniversary concert. Filmed in one of London’s Royal Parks to a crowd of 65,000 fans, The Cure presented a four-decade deep set on July 7, 2018, including “Just Like Heaven,” “Lovesong,” “High,” and “The End Of The World.” Adding to the experience, the band is back-dropped by giant screens displaying footage that complements the unique moods and emotive song writing that established The Cure as pioneers of alternative rock. The result is a concert that Rolling Stone expressed shows the “unique power in The Cure’s live performance.”

I'm so in for this set! The Hyde Park broadcast was an incredible performance, and I can't wait to see it again on the small screen via this Blu-Ray set!

:)

The Blu-ray + CD set is now $79.99 at Amazon - still a bit high but better than that original price they had!

Reactions: GOS
Besides cd's, what does the higher priced versions have that the 2 blu-ray version doesn't have?? 2 blu ray version is only $22.

This one is very tempting...

I just ordered the 2 x Bluray set $21 USD is a bargain I couldn’t refuse. Two full concerts for around $10 ea.

I was hoping this would be an Atmos release but should sound nice in 5.1 and being filmed in 4K to should look nice in HD.

Mine shipped from AmazonUS. Anyone got theirs yet and can confirm if the surround is DTS-HDMA or Atmos?

Mine arrived yesterday. Only played about a dozen songs from the 2nd disc Live in Hyde Park.

Pretty much a standard ambient surround mix although very good audio quality and reference HD video (interlaced). The concert starts in daylight and transitions into night time. Picture is rock solid throughout, in about 1:2 ratio (movie style widescreen)

If you’re a fan of The Cure this is a must have. Great performance.

I’ll play this again tonight on my Atmos system up mixing the DTS-HDMA 5.1 mix to 7.2.4. Should be a blast!

Hi:

I have received today from amazon.es the 2 blu ray edition, but it is not digibook edition. It comes in a regular blue blu ray box. I read only about one 2 blu ray edition, in digibook format.

How is it your one?

Back