The Fixx: 1011 Woodland--Perhaps Silverline is Getting It, But . . .

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got this in the mail today. On first listen, well worth the $1.84 I paid for it. :) It's a pretty laid back album, which I like. Lots of slow tunes. Oddly mastered disc. There are no audio options. It just launches into the surround mode. But really enjoying it so far. I think it's one that will grow on me even more as I listen to it. I'm not familiar with any of the songs, but I like all the music.

I'd say we need a poll for this Silverline release. After many listenings with the home setup and in the TSX while taking into account the different sound relative to the original versions, it is a solid surround offering in my modest opinion. The fidelity, mix and content all add up to a solid 8 for me. If there is a poll, kindly point me in the right direction.

Bass is pretty heavy. I usually have to tone it down a bit. Otherwise a great disc. The Fixx fans should buy immediately.

I've had this one in my stack for a long time but finally got around to playing it this week after seeing they have a new album coming soon.

It's not going to win any awards for surround mix but it's great sounding disc and does have some nice surround moments. I thought it was refreshing that they covered their catalog well but didn't focus on the hits. Great for those would would like to explore the band but aren't crazy about 80s style production - this is a nicely recorded set of songs. Well worth picking up!

Back