• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

The Next XTC Surround Sound Release...

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
Andy's first tweet:
Off to the shed to hear Steven Wilson's first 2 mixes for next XTC 5.1 project.
He's not saying which one it is yet.
My bet is on either "Big Express" or "Apple Venus" since AFAIK the tapes are still missing for both "English Settlement" and "Mummer", but maybe they have been found!
Stay tuned!

:)

jdmack

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I'm guessing "Apple Venus" because I know he has those tapes and he was probably waiting until he gave up on searching for the missing earlier albums to do "Apple Venus." And while I would be excited to have a 5.1 mix of this album, the bonus material wouldn't be that exciting to me as Andy has already released the demos and the instrumental mixes of each song.

Perpendicular

Signal Initiator
My apologies. It wasn’t you, it was Milt. My excuse was I only had 17 hours sleep in the past five days. :rolleyes:

My first WAG was Black Sea or English Settlement.
Perpendicular nailed it right off.
I say he should get a free copy!
My next prediction is that the usual suspects on SHF will bitch, bitch, bitch about BD only again.