The Next XTC Surround Sound Release...The Complete Dukes Of Stratosphear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may have mentioned this before, but what will be good about eventually getting 5.1 releases of both "English Settlement" and "Mummer" (that is if all the tapes can be found) is that this will be the first opportunity to collect together all of the B-sides & extra recordings from those sessions.

Absolutely Ryan! This period contained a wealth of outstanding non-LP tracks. I still have a slew of 12- and 7-inch UK singles from these years. It was exciting times. You could always count on a cool new song or two (and nifty artwork) with each new single release. Here's hoping all the tapes can be found. In the meantime please bring on the Dukes and Apple Venus/Wasp Star!

Latest tweet:
Getting in the last few new stereo mixes from Steven Wilson, they are sounding lovely. Now I have the frustrating wait to hear them in 5.1 while he goes away on tour again.
I think you are going to like them folks.

So it looks like the new stereo mixes are close to done, so it’s good that progress is being made.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Personally, I could give a rats ass regarding the stereo mixes. Bring on the surround mixes!

All in good time.
Besides, the stereo remixing is the most important part of the remixing process, cause that's where most of the work takes place. It's easier for SW to branch everything out in surround sound if he gets everything else right while working in stereo.
Plus I think the CDs have to use a new stereo mix, as opposed to the original stereo mix, for contractual reasons.

All in good time.
Besides, the stereo remixing is the most important part of the remixing process, cause that's where most of the work takes place. It's easier for SW to branch everything out in surround sound if he gets everything else right while working in stereo.
Plus I think the CDs have to use a new stereo mix, as opposed to the original stereo mix, for contractual reasons.
Actually, that’s not what I meant. I’d like to hear about the surround mixes, not the ‘everyday’ stereo mixes. For me, that’s why I purchase this series of releases. ;)

Actually, that’s not what I meant. I’d like to hear about the surround mixes, not the ‘everyday’ stereo mixes. For me, that’s why I purchase this series of releases. ;)

As I said, all in good time.
The surround remixes are the ultimate end goal (and why the series exists in the first place) but it's clear that Steven Wilson is working in these other remix projects (whichever ones actually remain) around his solo recording and touring.
I'm sure once his current tour is done (or maybe even before that) he and Andy will be in his studio taking these remixes from stereo to surround.
Trust me, I'm not happy that we're not getting a new XTC remix this year after we have received one every year for the last five years, but I'm confident that this next one will be one of the best yet!

:)

I would certainly be very happy with the Dukes...but I would also give a thumbs up to the Big Express...

bigexpressme.jpg

(Sorry for slight off topic) He also stated three albums that he remixed out of that Tangerine Dream Virgin set - could it be Phaedra, Rubycon and Ricochet?

Last edited:
Back