The Next XTC Surround Sound Release...The Complete Dukes Of Stratosphear!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh boy! We are really making progress now. Andy's latest tweet:
Well, I get to hear the new surround sound 5.1 mix on Sunday. I passed the new stereos, so now I hear it all around my hat. Can't wait. Get the Tea on Mr Wilson.

Someone replied:
So if you pass those will we still have to wait till the end of the year before it is released?

Andy's response:
Hopefully not.

Andy also said:
All will be revealed when art and packaging, all tracks and vids in place Vince

:)

ATC, says Andy:
1547634276975.png

ATC = around the corner;):dance

Any further hints yet? I'm just about to pull the trigger at DeepDiscount on 3 XTC albums that I don't own. (But I'd hate to buy the CDs and then find out two weeks later that one of them is getting the Steven Wilson treatment.)
Haven't noticed any news since. Andy's been temporarily off twitter for a week now - which, of course, could be a hint itself :)

Looking at the account now I can't remember when it's header changed to English Settlement band logo...

Haven't noticed any news since. Andy's been temporarily off twitter for a week now - which, of course, could be a hint itself :)

Looking at the account now I can't remember when it's header changed to English Settlement band logo...

That's a huge hint if ever there was one...I'll settle for that!!(y)

Hopefully not just wishful thinking on your part. Would love ES to be announced and Andy says that the missing tracks were found

Does anyone know how many went missing? I’d settle for a couple of upmixes if it means getting the rest of the album in surround + all the outtakes.

But announcing that they were found would be great news indeed!

Hmm. On the other hand: the only remastered RBCD that currently seems to be out of stock from Ape House is Wasp Star...

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

It was the songs which were singles if I remember

I guess that makes sense as those probably would have been pulled to be remixed for the single versions.

That would be three tracks as the b-sides were all non-album cuts.

Three pretty major tracks, obviously. But I’ll take upmixes if that’s the only way to get the other 12 in true surround. :).

Back