• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not request or offer for sale or trade copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

The OFFICIAL "How many times have you purchased DSOTM" Thread/Poll

Select the formats that you have purchased DSOTM over the years

• Total voters

atrocity

900 Club - QQ All Star
4. CDP 7 46001 2 Harvest (Blackface) Matrix: CP35-3017 12A1 (upper half of inner ring) CDP 7 46001 2 (lower half of inner ring) non-TO pressing, made in Japan for Europe
One of the very first CDs I ever bought! Listen closely to the final fadeout and you can hear how they got rid of the elevator music version of "Ticket to Ride" that's on some pressings, e.g., the Mobile Fidelity CD I forgot to list.

Also note that it has pre-emphasis but is only flagged in one of the two places, so not all software catches it.

skherbeck

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Wow, I’ve only bought this 3 times... twice on cd, once blu-ray... one of the cds was the “Shine On” box... I love the way the spines of the cds combine on my shelf to show the cover of DSOTM! (Looks great next to my blinking “Pulse” light (got to change the battery every now and then, though!))

César

800 Club - QQ All Star
LP, 1992 special edition CD, Shine on CD, SACD and immersion edition (including the dead Blu-ray). I used to have it on cassette too, but I discarded it long ago.
Can we count all the bootlegs from different periods?

fizzywiggs41

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Well....... "I know I'm mad."

Lotz and lotz over thee years.

Chronological,

Canadian Capitol cassette , week of release .

and then went bingeworthy after that experience.

UK SQ QUAD LP (2)
Capitol Canada Q8
U.S.CD (might be SQ)
MOFI cassette
2nd CDN cassette
Electrola Cassette (German)
Works CDN CD , for the 2 SQ quad dsotm tracks
20th anniversary cd, UK
2003 SACD Capitol U.S. 5.1
DVDA Quad boot *
2003 SACD EMI UK 5.1
2003 SACD re-issue from Warner Bros. U.S. 5.1 (yes indeed a 5.1 SACD from Warner Bros.)

*this was the much reviewed copy which includes review from legit audio magazines-on line though.