The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B5CCF332-F167-4C31-AAE9-A963E753A2A9.jpeg

I have an affinity for Scotch Ales and this a particularly good one from Woodinville WA

Sun came out, I hauled ass to the dealer to grab my bike out of storage and that bastard hid to be replaced by his cousin arctic wind for the ride home. Oh well, at least I am ready for when it does warm up.

Sometimes, I try to give the larger brewers the benefit of the doubt. Most often, I end up being disappointed. Today, I'm trying Stone Brewing Delicious Hazy IPA. It's 7.2% abv. Their tagline says "Finally an IPA that lives up to it's name" or something similar to that. I was hooked.

I will say, that it is thin, tastes like weak orange juice with zero body. Just terrible, IMO. Shame on them. I will refrain from buying these mass produced pieces of shit. I knew better....small brewery stuff is sooooo much better.

Sometimes, I try to give the larger brewers the benefit of the doubt. Most often, I end up being disappointed. Today, I'm trying Stone Brewing Delicious Hazy IPA. It's 7.2% abv. Their tagline says "Finally an IPA that lives up to it's name" or something similar to that. I was hooked.

I will say, that it is thin, tastes like weak orange juice with zero body. Just terrible, IMO. Shame on them. I will refrain from buying these mass produced pieces of shit. I knew better....small brewery stuff is sooooo much better.
So true

Around here you have to be careful, there are brands that look like craft brews but in fact are owned by (or bought out by) one of the biggies and they tend to serve up generic slop in nice packaging and “crafty” sounding names.

Half the fun of the beer for me is the hunt. UnTappd is a great tool to use. Lets face it, we all have different tastes and views on what is a 'good beer'
Agreed that the larger Craft brewers tend to 'sell out'. Flounders - err - Founders here in Grand Rapids is a prime example. But like any manufacturer that offers multiple lines, you will find they typically have some highly praised product and some real shitty product. Am I right General Motors ?
So - I've found some incredible brew - IMHO - from the large guys. Ive found incredible beer from the local little guys. And Ive found dookie from either.

And - yeah - that Hazy Delicious from Stone is mediocre. Their 'Drink By' series is fresh and good. Drink By 4/20 is really good - in the DIPA world.

Now shut up and drink. :giggle: ;)

Back