The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is weird.......Snood not drink beer in like 2 months or more .........sat down to watch Aquaman and a about 1230 AM April 7 started going hmm a beer sounds gooooood..........so downed 3 Rolling Rocks in bottle. :unsure:

Snood no beer snob, but Rolling Rock in can is teeeeeeeerrrible...........always loved the taste of bottled rock. :LB
Aquaman was killer!

That is weird.......Snood not drink beer in like 2 months or more .........sat down to watch Aquaman and a about 1230 AM April 7 started going hmm a beer sounds gooooood..........so downed 3 Rolling Rocks in bottle. :unsure:

Snood no beer snob, but Rolling Rock in can is teeeeeeeerrrible...........always loved the taste of bottled rock. :LB

When I was drinking....some beers just didn't taste right in a can...compared to the same beer in a bottle...

National beer day - am I taking part? Well....duh.

32oz growler from local Bow & Arrow Brewing - "Comet Dust" hazy NEIPA. Juicy, not too boozy at 6.7%, and a nice little hop-kick on the finish. One of our local spots that is a bit under the radar sometimes, but does some really great beers, really into the barrel-aging and doing brews that are different from the usual.
Bow-Arrow-Comet-Dust-Hazy-NEIPA.jpg

So, as of yet, we don't have a "barbeque" thread...but this seems like as good of place as any....
At 8AM, I started my lump charcoal and by 9AM, I put on my 10 pound (4.5 kilos) Boston Pork Butt.

225 degrees Farenheit (107 celcius) until internal temps are about 190 F (88 C)

Right now, it's at 168F...so I'm hopeful in another 3 hours it will be ready to pull of the smoker. :)
Along with this, I'm enjoying Sam Adams New England IPA. :) Then, a couple glasses of California Cabernet.

So, as of yet, we don't have a "barbeque" thread...but this seems like as good of place as any....
At 8AM, I started my lump charcoal and by 9AM, I put on my 10 pound (4.5 kilos) Boston Pork Butt.

225 degrees Farenheit (107 celcius) until internal temps are about 190 F (88 C)

Right now, it's at 168F...so I'm hopeful in another 3 hours it will be ready to pull of the smoker. :)
Along with this, I'm enjoying Sam Adams New England IPA. :) Then, a couple glasses of California Cabernet.

Woo hoo! It's up to 186 Farenheit. Getting close. Basically, you don't cook by time, you cook by temp. At 190-195, all the tissue breaks down and it becomes tender. Anything prior to that, will be tough.

When I was drinking....some beers just didn't taste right in a can...compared to the same beer in a bottle...
Funny you say this. I’ve always been the same but for about the past year, I’ve been purchasing Guinness in the 14.9 oz can. The reason is, I feel it tastes closer to what comes out of a keg of Guinness when I’m at a bar. Although, I did purchase a 6-pack of the bottles last weekend because, to me, it’s less bitter and smoother on my palate, and I enjoy that slight change once in a while. The bottle is only 11.2 oz and a 6-pack cost the same a 4-pack of the 14.9 oz cans.

Also, there’s a widget inside the can that releases nitrogen when you open the can. They used to be in the bottle but they must of come up with a way to inject the nitrogen while bottling without having to use that plastic widget. :unsure:

Friday finally, sharing as per usual - Founders "Blushing Monk" raspberry sour (9.2% abv, 20 ibu). I thought this had a very strong fruit taste, maybe a touch too much, but then I looked at the label and saw the 9.2% and it's booze/fruit combo that is very forward. Just glad it's a shared 12oz bottle to keep things under control - starting off with something so strong is not the usual habit for us!
Founders-Blushing-Monk-Rasp-Sour.jpg

Had a passion fruit/guava gose...
Modern Times? I love that gose. They have a brewery/taproom in Portland, now, and I always like seeing what new interesting beers they have going.

Unfortunately, the brewery that preceded them was a truly local favorite called Commons. They had an unfruited gose that was to die for.

A couple blocks down the street is the Cascade Brewing Barrel House, a Mecca for sour beer.

Back