The QuadraphonicQuad Craft Beer/Microbrew thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another sour - La Cumbre "Space Man(atee) pomegranate sour - love the can design.
La-Cumbre-Space-Man-atee-Pomegranate-Sour.jpg

Modern Times? I love that gose. They have a brewery/taproom in Portland, now, and I always like seeing what new interesting beers they have going.

Unfortunately, the brewery that preceded them was a truly local favorite called Commons. They had an unfruited gose that was to die for.

A couple blocks down the street is the Cascade Brewing Barrel House, a Mecca for sour beer.
Yes. Yes. All of the yes! I do miss Commons. I’ve not yet made it to the new Modern Times setup. However, huge fan of Cascade. My Favorite Portland brewery.

Today, we tasted at Freeland Spirits. They recently collaborated with 10 Barrel on a sour inspired by the French 75 cocktail (gin, lemon, sugar, champagne). I was given a taste and it was very much as-described. Champagne-like, with notes of lemon and botanicals, with a slight malty/yeasty aftertaste. I found it quite scrumptious.

(Their gin is interesting. Other botanicals take precedence over the juniper. Decent for sipping, unlike any other gin I've ever had. I'm not a whiskey fan, but the bourbon was the most-appealing, most rum-like I've ever tasted.)

Yesterday, I was at my local wine store called Total Wine. They specialize in wine but carry hard liquor and all kinds of beer. They were featuring a Game Of Thrones display that had all kinds of Beer named after the kings, offered in pint size bottles, along with some drinking glasses. I wish I had taken a photo a couple weeks back because some of the drinking glasses were still there but the beer looked to be sold out and replaced by another brand. I wish I had taken a photo back then but I did manage to get a current shot of the display.

57CCC5A7-91B8-4BB3-8DFF-E80FE8403223.jpeg0B4C93AC-A164-435B-824A-3ED25182953D.jpeg

No beer yesterday - just had wine with dinner and an early night as we had a lot on the go all day today. Settling in for this evening after all the soccer games, furniture moving, grocery shopping etc....started off with a share with Mrs D and one of the step-daughters....Scuttlebutt Brewing (Everett, WA) Raspberry Moeite" (8.9% abv)...a raspberry infused belgian tripel:
Scuttlebutt-Rasp-Moeite.jpg

After that I went to pour a glass of the home-brew brown ale but got about an inch of beer followed by a bit of sludge and foam....empty keg! Removed the keg and found a couple cans stashed behind it, one was this Marble Passionate Gose that I decided would be a nice refreshment.
Marble-Passionate-Gose.jpg

Back