The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Magenta at the globe Cardiff tonight, I've primed myself listening to We Are Legend 5.1.

That should be good I might have got to it. I was supposed to be in Cardiff this weekend at a Uni reunion, we have one most years, have a curry, drink Brains SA aka Skull Attack, and wonder where all the years (and hair) went! But sadly I can't this year.

Trower last night. He was outstanding...what a cool dude he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

f1ed20ca31703e9b348ad3b20efcdc62.jpeg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Off to see The Vaccines tomorrow at Ally Pally in London. Looking forward to it! Really digging the new album.

If ya wanna come back it's alright... :SG:rocks:LB

In celebration of Record Store Day, I went to Looney Tunes on Long Island NY for an in store by Mike Peters (The Alarm).

Mike is attempting to play 4 sets in the same day. That’s not hard - you say?

Well he is trying to play a set in Wales, London, Long Island New York, and Long Beach California all in the course of a day.

He has three down and one more to go!
Love this guy and his music! Always passionate, always personable, always feels like he sincerely loves being a performer.

Even after 30 years, he is still making quality rock & roll. Just have to convince him to give surround a try!

In celebration of Record Store Day, I went to Looney Tunes on Long Island NY for an in store by Mike Peters (The Alarm).

Mike is attempting to play 4 sets in the same day. That’s not hard - you say?

Well he is trying to play a set in Wales, London, Long Island New York, and Long Beach California all in the course of a day.

He has three down and one more to go!
Love this guy and his music! Always passionate, always personable, always feels like he sincerely loves being a performer.

Even after 30 years, he is still making quality rock & roll. Just have to convince him to give surround a try!
I didn't realise he was still actively making music. I only have Change on CD. Good band.

Be interested to hear what others thought of the Steven Wilson show in TO Sunday. I expected more. Once again too loud for my liking but we were sitting in the back this time so it was much better than previous shows where we were six rows back from massive speakers. Anyway, they played a couple of great songs including a couple from porcupine tree, but too many long heavy numbers. Often the ones I skip on the cd/DVD and no Raven or Hand cannot erase. Disappointing.

I didn't realise he was still actively making music. I only have Change on CD. Good band.
Mike Peters never stopped making music.
After he walked away from the original band, he carried on as a mostly independent artist under a solo moniker plus backing bands in the ‘90s + he did some stuff with guitarist, Billy Duffy of the Cult

He revived the Alarm moniker under a new name Alarm MMVII in 2000 with a more rock/punk sound.

Also in that time period, he managed to acquire the rights to the past I.R.S. era music and rereleased it in a boxed set along with rarities and the band’s preferred mixes

In 2004, He pulled a hoax that got a song into the top 30 in Britain. Being frustrated that the band wasn’t being taken seriously because their image was outdated, he got a young group of kids and created a fake band whose style was in tribute to the Clash & Rancid. They released the single “45rpm” under the fake band name along with a fake video featuring young musicians. The song was a brief hit until word got out it was a hoax.

2013 saw him partner up with the remaining members of Big Country for an excellent album (The Journey) and tour.

Around 2015, he got into a phase of revisiting the past with reworkings of original I.R.S. era music and live performances.

In 2017, he released two new albums (Blood Red / Viral Black) that are currently exclusive to the Alarm.com. The music is a bit of hybrid of his poppier solo output and the more raw Alarm style. Good stuff!

Mike was an early originator of the modern fanclub residency convention. For 25 years, there has been an annual weekend celebration (typically somewhere in Wales) to celebrate the band. Featuring Bruce Springsteen length sets, past band members, and related era artists - They call it the Gathering and brings in fans from all over the world.

Oh and through all of this, he has fought with leukemia and was a founder of the Love, Hope, Strength Foundation which raises awareness and funds to benefit people with blood cancers. One of their main programs is setting up at concerts to promote people signing up for bone marrow donoation list.

The guy is inspiring. Check out the documentary - The Man in the Camo Jacket.

Be interested to hear what others thought of the Steven Wilson show in TO Sunday. I expected more. Once again too loud for my liking but we were sitting in the back this time so it was much better than previous shows where we were six rows back from massive speakers. Anyway, they played a couple of great songs including a couple from porcupine tree, but too many long heavy numbers. Often the ones I skip on the cd/DVD and no Raven or Hand cannot erase. Disappointing.
Thoroughly enjoyed the show last night. My first Steven Wilson concert and yes, very loud but that just added to the fun. My wife also really liked it (she found King Crimson a bit of a stretch last year).

Duuude...got me a tix to go see Sons of Apollo on Wednesday...total was less than $35 (!!!!)...last time I saw Billy Sheehan was on Diamond Dave's "Eat 'em and smile" tour in 87 in either Providence or Hartford (I forget)...only 31 years ago!!!!! (YIKES!)
And Jeff Scott Soto killed it as Journey's singer in Madrid about 10 years ago or so...

AAANNNDDD got my tix to see SW on el CINCO DE MAYO!!!! Niiiice! first rock concerts for me in Denver...

Saw an Autistic Benefit Concert called "Light up the Blues" put on by Stephen Stills and his wife. This was at the Dolby Theater in LA where the Academy Awards are held. So many people so all short sets; Neil Yound, Judy Collins, Cheryl Crow, Mike Campbell, Benmont Tenchand, Patti Smith, Burt Bacharach and emcee Jack Black. Beck was the "Surprise Guest" for the night. Many stars introduced the music like Sarah Silverman, Christina Applegate, Jeff Garland and Kim Raver. Fun night but no one amazing stand-out performance.

I was at the Steven Wilson concert in Toronto. I also was in the balcony seats. It was nice to see that they put up a pair of JBL speakers for the Quad effect.
Yes it was loud, and distorted at times but overall I thought it was a great concert.
He dipped into his catalouge, even played Even Less as a solo, just him and his new 1963 Fender Telecaster.
New videos were great the best being Song of I.
Was one of the better concerts I have seen of him. The band was tight.
I would highly recommend seeing him on this tour.

Back