The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two nights ago at the Summit in Denver (with a puny crowd who was kinda comatose...whatsupwiddat??? ) was standing in front of the great Billy Sheehan, who noticed that I'm a bassist cause I can't help "air bass playing" when I see someone of that caliber, and at the end of the set he took off his bass and immediately came to me and shook my hand(no fist pound or anything...SHOOK my hand!!! How cool is that???)...the only time I had seen him was...wellllll..only 31 years ago (!!!!) on the "Eat 'em and smile" tour in either Providence or Hartford , can't remember, my memory gets foggy after a couple of decades...and Jeff Scott Soto put on a great show...love him.. Mike Portnoy was OK but he has a nasty habit of SPITTING onstage (whaaaa???), I think that is why Billy was wearing some SAFETY boots...and the keyboard player had this PERMAFROWN and looked like a big diva (probably is) and he got his comeuppance cause during his solo , the Hammond went out, and he STORMED off the stage at the end of the gig (wellll!!!)...it was a VERY Van Halenesque gig...they played the actual tape of "Intruder" as an intro and later played an awesome cover of "And the cradle will rock" which Jeff started singing at the back of the venue...at least the audience woke up for the SoA set...
soa.jpg

Two nights ago at the Summit in Denver (with a puny crowd who was kinda comatose...whatsupwiddat??? ) was standing in front of the great Billy Sheehan, who noticed that I'm a bassist cause I can't help "air bass playing" when I see someone of that caliber, and at the end of the set he took off his bass and immediately came to me and shook my hand(no fist pound or anything...SHOOK my hand!!! How cool is that???)...the only time I had seen him was...wellllll..only 31 years ago (!!!!) on the "Eat 'em and smile" tour in either Providence or Hartford , can't remember, my memory gets foggy after a couple of decades...and Jeff Scott Soto put on a great show...love him.. Mike Portnoy was OK but he has a nasty habit of SPITTING onstage (whaaaa???), I think that is why Billy was wearing some SAFETY boots...and the keyboard player had this PERMAFROWN and looked like a big diva (probably is) and he got his comeuppance cause during his solo , the Hammond went out, and he STORMED off the stage at the end of the gig (wellll!!!)...it was a VERY Van Halenesque gig...they played the actual tape of "Intruder" as an intro and later played an awesome cover of "And the cradle will rock" which Jeff started singing at the back of the venue...at least the audience woke up for the SoA set...
View attachment 32783
I saw the same tour...Eat Em And Smile that is....and it was absolutely killer

I saw the same tour...Eat Em And Smile that is....and it was absolutely killer
I remember Steve Vai and Billy Sheehan standing next to each other and taking turns soloing...and Diamond Dave ACTUALLY singing...unlike the VH concerrt I had been to in 82 where he didn't give a sh*t!!!! it was definitely a fun gig...I was in Boston and they didn't play neither Boston nor Worcester and that's why I had to go to Hartford or Providence....at least that's how I remember it....

Took in the first Homecoming Festival in Cinti, headlined by the National, with old stalwarts the Breeders, and some good up-and-coming bands (Big Thief) and out-there music.

The National's most recent album, Sleep Well Beast, would be a marvel in 5.1. Hope to bend one of the band member's ear sometime about this...They're at the top of their game now.

I remember Steve Vai and Billy Sheehan standing next to each other and taking turns soloing...and Diamond Dave ACTUALLY singing...unlike the VH concerrt I had been to in 82 where he didn't give a sh*t!!!! it was definitely a fun gig...I was in Boston and they didn't play neither Boston nor Worcester and that's why I had to go to Hartford or Providence....at least that's how I remember it....
DD was a complete bad ass during that tour. I think he had something to prove.....and he did as far as I'm concerned.

a476d3f79f10190f099be17d76e2ac75.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilson puts on a great show, I was thoroughly impressed and so was my wife. The Vic is a nice place to party and see a show.....they even have an app, and you order your drinks from your seat through the app and they magically arrive a few minutes later.....As a result, a bit of a headache this morning..lol

Steven has a nice English wit....he called his music "melancholy" He said "you guys must love this shit" hahaha

Back