The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think that is awesome(y)...if I were you I'd pick some members on here that you would like to meet and send them a PM and make some plans...if it was me...fredblue/Adam would be on that list...and DuncanS...that sounds like fun...better take some pictures for us:phones

Are you reading my mind, Clint? I would certainly love to meet some QQ members from the UK. Maybe they can show me the cool sites not included in the tour. I was going to hit up Adam later, but of course if he’s reading this...

I'll definitely pop along for some shenanigans/the gig at the Half Moon. Just booking my ticket to ride now...
https://tickets.halfmoon.co.uk/events/2018-10-11-the-british-invasion-half-moon-putney

Looks really well organised! And a lot of fun! You had me at 7 full English Breakfasts. :) Some really cool stuff to do there... Rock & Roll!

Excellent! I'm looking forward to meeting you! I RARELY travel, and I never thought I'd get to England, so I'm particularly excited about this trip.

Hey everybody - I don't usually post my own gigs on here, but this October I'm doing something really cool that I want to share with you all, especially if you live in or near London or Liverpool.

I'm going to be subbing for the lead guitarist of a Columbus, Ohio, '60s tribute band called "The British Invasion", and we're doing an 8-day tour in England in October. We'll be playing at The Casbah and The Cavern Club in Liverpool, and The Half Moon in Putney.

And for all of you who have never been to England and have always wanted to check out the British invasion sights, you can join the tour: The British Invasion Tour 2018.

Of course the main reason I'm posting this here is hoping I can meet some of you from across the pond.

Cor Blimey! I'll have to see where I am then in October, could be out of the country due to work, so don't know yet. I live a long way from London, I'm in the deep South-West, so far from the big smoke we think carrier pigeons are modern technology down here!

Went to see Roger Waters at Hyde Park last night. Wow what a scorcher! Guess what?! Half the concert was in QUAD. :phones The intro to 'Money' for instance - wow! It sounds equally good at a concert!!!

Fantastic gig! Pretty much lost for words... :cool: Would for sure recommend seeing him!
IMG_3735.JPG

IMG_3737.JPG
IMG_3750.JPG
IMG_3751.JPG
IMG_3780.JPG

Los Lobos
14th St ZooFest, Star City, Cornstock Nation, Nebraska

I've seen theses guys so many times over 35 years I've lost count, always a delight live.

Last night was special because they had a last-minute substitute bass player.
That meant they had to keep the set list simple.
They brought in a guest singer / guitarist to jam.
https://journalstar.com/blogs/groun...cle_6158736c-81a5-11e8-b77f-efba53d23b96.html

They played:
  • All Your Love (Otis Rush / John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers)
  • One Way Out (Allman Bros.)
  • Can I Change My Mind (Tyrone Davis)

Cesàr & David are great soul & blues players.
Saw them on the Hendrix Tribute tour with Billy Cox & Mitch Mitchell.
(Mitch died in a hotel a couple weeks later.)

Screen Shot 2018-07-07 at 10.07.56 AM.png

Went to see Roger Waters at Hyde Park last night. Wow what a scorcher! Guess what?! Half the concert was in QUAD.:phones The intro to 'Money' for instance - wow! It sounds equally good at a concert!!!

Fantastic gig! Pretty much lost for words... :cool: Would for sure recommend seeing him!

QUOTE]

I've just watched Dogs and Pigs from Hyde Park that someone put up on YouTube here. The guy managed to capture an excellent sound somehow. And the visuals etc are stunning:

Last edited:
I've just watched Dogs and Sheep from Hyde Park that someone put up on YouTube here. The guy managed to capture an excellent sound somehow. And the visuals etc are stunning:

Ah man I wish I could go back! Pigs was amazing as well, definitely some spanning oinks going around! I can't wait for Animals to come out in surround. Visuals were even better then I could have thought. Gotta dig the creativity...

Last edited:
I was really lucky to see Roger Waters last night in Birmingham (UK) at the National Indoor Arena. I want his surround system at home!! I cannot imagine how long it takes to set up the audio, lighting and visual effects for the show. There were many surround speakers equally spaced along the sides and round the rear and used throughout the concert for the well known elements of the Floyd numbers as well as ambient effects at various points. One of the best surround presentations at a live concert (and I have been to a few, Floyd, ELP, Porcupine Tree, Steven Wilson and previous RW concerts). The visual effects in the second part were stunning and presented on screens, similar to the rear of the stage at Hyde Park, but hanging along the length of the arena. Happily I was sitting to the side as it would have been impossible to see from the seats on the arena floor.

Great to hear the whole of Dark Side of the Moon live again, some Wish You Were Here and Animals (and like fellow QQ members, cannot wait for the re-release of that album later this year). It's so great that we have the opportunity to keep seeing these legendary artists from the musical peak of the 70s. Pigs will fly!!!!

And on the 70s theme, I can thoroughly recommend the ARW incarnation of Yes. Saw them at the Stone Free Festival three weeks ago and they are still at the top of their game. Heart of the Sunrise was completely epic. And the support acts of Anathema, Joanne Shaw Taylor and Roger Hodgson made for a truly memorable concert. I feel so lucky to have the time and funds to maintain my live music habit! Next up is Andy Fairweather Low and then ELO in October. Isn't live music just wonderful?!

George Clinton and Parliament Funkadelic in DC later this week. Third time this year! Because "Funk not only moves...it can re-move!" :cool:
SWEET!!!
Would LOVE to see them live....and not only cause they are great...but also they were Kiss' .."rival" band in Casablanca....who is REAAALYYY APPRECIATED NOWWWW???

Back