The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huh? Why? An hour???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, let’s see. It was supposed to start at 7:30, but they started late so more people could get seated. Let’s say they started at 7:40. When they waved and left the stage (the first time, before an encore), I looked at my watch and it was 8:46! I’m sorry, but what the hell? The first encore was three songs, after which I wrote the above post. I thought they were finished, but they did a one-song second encore after my post.

The bright side: It’s an 80 minute drive home, and I’m home before 11:00 pm!

Just home from King Crimson at London Palladium. Definitely better than last time I saw them. Lizard - wow! Excellent seats, front row of balcony. Good view of everything and superb sound. And from there I spied Steven Wilson sat with Nick Beggs! And on the way out after I saw Steve Hackett too!! Time for bed.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk

Inkednaud1-w870_LI.jpg

Me and friends (ringed in yellow), front row of London Palladium balcony for King Crimson, 2nd November!! One of the best gigs I've ever seen :rocks

Steven Wilson last night in Sydney. Any other QQers attend? Better show than 4 years ago IMO. Just stunning. Made a big deal about "Permanating", saying that his regular following didn't like it, but he wore that as a badge of honour!

I went to SW on Saturday night here in Melbourne. I didn’t like the show that much at all. I’m not a fan of his really heavy songs and there were many. I did enjoy the scattering of Porcupine Tree material though.

I know there’s many fans here but I’d have to say this was the least satisfied I’ve ever felt after any concert I’ve been to.

I’m pretty much over SW’s solo music now and not planning to buy future releases, although I’m definitely in for future Porcupine Tree re-issues if they ever come out.

Back