The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is from a show I went to last month... Al Jardine "Surf's Up"... intimate setting & stories all night long... wonderful! (The lead singer is Al Jardine's son)

Wow just utterly brilliant.
What an incredible voice his son has.
A very moving song given true justice by his singing.
Man I would have liked to have been there
Surfs Up is my fav Beach Boys LP closely followed by Sunflower.

And to get God Only Knows as well..

Last edited:
This looks really promising!! (I love Christmas shows)

Capture.JPG

Wtf is dat?
It’s Ghost!!! And as a fan of BOC, you need to check these guys out (I’ll send you something)... their schtick is a sort of “cathedral of the devil” with a lot of tongue-in-cheek lyrics and humerus videos... everyone in the band is anonymous and the lead singer takes on a different persona for each tour (the photo is from a previous tour... on the current tour he wears a creepy old man mask)... but their music rocks in the classic sense... really excellent. I’m taking my 18 year old daughter (who’s a huge fan) and her best friend. Check out the video for “Square Hammer” or “Rats”...

Saw Steven Wilson last night and again what a fantastic show.
I have been fighting a nagging cold all week but after reading this tweet today from Craig Blundell(drummer for SW), now I feel really wimpy:
Craig tweeted:

"Groggy as shit on the tail end of man flu but great gig tonight at the vogue in Vancouver. There wasn’t much energy in the tank but I gave it everything I had. We’re now in the USA heading on down to Spokane for a day off before saturdays concert"

For those of you still to see this tour, you are in for a real treat.
The local venue(Vogue) it was at last night seats about 1200 and its a old theater,carpeted walls all around, the sound was loud but not ear splitting, did not need ear plugs at all.
They played for 2 1/2 hours with a 15 minute break half way through. For the last 3 songs went up front and was close enough to shake SW's hand, I would have liked to but he was kinda busy.

In the pit with Ghost last night at the Los Angeles Forum... phenomenal!!! Somehow I ended up against the front rail with my daughter and her friend, so the view was outstanding... more importantly, the music was clear, no distortion, and no ear plugs needed (and no ear ringing today, lol!) Anyone who loves melodic hard rock/metal with dueling lead guitars and moog synthesizers (and doesn't mind Satan references) would love this band... try the album "Meliora" to start.

In the pit with Ghost last night at the Los Angeles Forum... phenomenal!!! Somehow I ended up against the front rail with my daughter and her friend, so the view was outstanding... more importantly, the music was clear, no distortion, and no ear plugs needed (and no ear ringing today, lol!) Anyone who loves melodic hard rock/metal with dueling lead guitars and moog synthesizers (and doesn't mind Satan references) would love this band... try the album "Meliora" to start.
Satan is a hell of a guy...so I don't mind. lmao

The new opera season in London means there's lots of great stuff to see between now and Christmas if you're lucky enough, like me, to live close enough to visit its fine houses regularly. So tonight I shall be enjoying Simon Boccanagra in this lavish production at Covent Garden:

The Manfreds with Georgie Fame: great playing and a great show.

Very cool these guys are still gigging.
Delightful tickle of the adolescent brain cells, happy I can still remember them.
Wiki records Paul Jones was replaced by Mike D'Abo in '66 after Pretty Flamingo, about the time Jack Bruce on bass was relieved by Klaus Voorman. :geek:

Jones looks good 52 years later...

Maxiumum_ad.png

Back