The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I managed to catch Steven Wilson in Nashville on Monday. A nice bonus was to be able to say hello to QQ members timbre4 and rtbluray who both were there as well. Here's a photo from my vantage point.

Attachments

• IMG_1308.jpg
    IMG_1308.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 88
I managed to catch Steven Wilson in Nashville on Monday. A nice bonus was to be able to say hello to QQ members timbre4 and rtbluray who both were there as well. Here's a photo from my vantage point.

I’m dying to hear what you all thought. My guess is, silence means you didn’t like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m dying to hear what you all thought. My guess is, silence means you didn’t like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wrote a very long and detailed review for the official Steven Wilson Facebook group.
I'd give the show at least a 9/10. I would have substituted "Routine" (from "Hand. Cannot. Erase") for another song, and I would have cut the Prince cover "Sign of the Times" altogether. I also wish it would have been a seated venue. It was tough standing up all night, but overall, it was still an amazing show. Only real downside of being so close to the front of the stage was that I was really far away from the surround speakers at the back of the hall, so I kinda missed the surround effect for this show, but I could still tell sometimes when it was being utilized.

:)

I saw Brian Wilson and Al Jardine last night... overall a wonderful show, half Christmas music, half Beach Boys classics... the music and vocals were excellent, Al Jardine is still having fun, and Blondie Chaplin (a guest musician) really stole the show with his energy and charisma. The night was somewhat bittersweet, though... age catches up with everyone, and I think it finally has with Brian Wilson... he really seemed to be "not there" last night; he never once smiled, he stared straight ahead at a teleprompter throughout and read all of the lyrics that he (barely) sang, and even read the few lines of spoken words that he said between songs. He also could barely walk on and off the stage without help. I got the feeling there will be no more live performances for Brian after this tour... it was a great night honoring his music and legacy, but it was kind of sad... sort of like seeing an old friend who no longer recognizes you :(.

what the hell happened to ticket prices- I saw Van Halen open for the Stones in '81 for $15... now the nosebleed seat sells for $1000 !!

View attachment 37151

youtubage

Somebody is making a lot of money and why not push the envelope as far as it goes. I am a season ticket holder for the 49ers and we got offered first chance at the College National Championship which will be played this year at Levi's Staduim, starting seats in the nosebleeds, $1500.00 per seat. I can rent a motel with a few hookers and watch on TV for that price.

Somebody is making a lot of money and why not push the envelope as far as it goes. I am a season ticket holder for the 49ers and we got offered first chance at the College National Championship which will be played this year at Levi's Staduim, starting seats in the nosebleeds, $1500.00 per seat. I can rent a motel with a few hookers and watch on TV for that price.
I laughed out loud at reading this. Great observation.

I saw ELP perform Brain Salad Surgery and King Crimson perform Starless & Bible Black, etc. in 1974 for $6.00 each. Pink Floyd performing The Wall in 1980 for $15. [sigh] The record company driven album catalog purchase model is pretty much dead; it's all about live tickets and merchandise revenue now. Some tickets are steep no doubt but I choose smaller venues like City Winery whenever possible. In any event, I'll work backwards with Upcoming 2019 shows (with venue (all CW unless noted) and ticket price). Then recap the 2018 shows with photos...

JAN Peter Asher & Jeremy Clyde [1/2 Peter & Gordon + 1/2 Chad & Jeremy] = $25
FEB -Procol Harum = $35
MAR -Oz Noy = $28
MAR -Adrian Belew = $35
MAR -Tower Of Power 50th Anniversary = $65
APR -Victor Wooten = $45
MAY -Herb Alpert / Lanai Hall = $65
MAY -KT Tunstall = $30
JULY - Electric Light Orchestra [@ Bridgestone arena] = $195

Last edited:
what the hell happened to ticket prices- I saw Van Halen open for the Stones in '81 for $15... now the nosebleed seat sells for $1000 !!

View attachment 37151

youtubage

Snood was at that very concert - My ticket is Blue and was on Saturday and it was Rainy - me know they did 2 shows - Van Halen Opened for them :rocks

I saw Brian Wilson and Al Jardine last night... overall a wonderful show, half Christmas music, half Beach Boys classics... the music and vocals were excellent, Al Jardine is still having fun, and Blondie Chaplin (a guest musician) really stole the show with his energy and charisma. The night was somewhat bittersweet, though... age catches up with everyone, and I think it finally has with Brian Wilson... he really seemed to be "not there" last night; he never once smiled, he stared straight ahead at a teleprompter throughout and read all of the lyrics that he (barely) sang, and even read the few lines of spoken words that he said between songs. He also could barely walk on and off the stage without help. I got the feeling there will be no more live performances for Brian after this tour... it was a great night honoring his music and legacy, but it was kind of sad... sort of like seeing an old friend who no longer recognizes you :(.

Snood and Best bud saw Brian doing pet Sounds last year or year before - it was first show of 2nd leg of tour and he had taken a couple months off. He surprised SNood , cuz me was thinking he was gonna be very zombied, amazingly he was lively and joked a lil: yes he needed help off stage each time.

Blondie was blitzed out of his mind - funny though, showed up late and seemed very drunk but his vocals on Sail on Sailor were top notch.

Was grateful to see the legend Brian - Oooooohhhh

Did Al Jardines son sing any tunes?? He stole the show toooooo

Snood and Best bud saw Brian doing pet Sounds last year or year before - it was first show of 2nd leg of tour and he had taken a couple months off. He surprised SNood , cuz me was thinking he was gonna be very zombied, amazingly he was lively and joked a lil: yes he needed help off stage each time.

Blondie was blitzed out of his mind - funny though, showed up late and seemed very drunk but his vocals on Sail on Sailor were top notch.

Was grateful to see the legend Brian - Oooooohhhh

Did Al Jardines son sing any tunes?? He stole the show toooooo
Sounds cool! Al sang a few tunes (Help Me Rhonda and others)... I don’t know... Brian just wasn’t there... an example: for the last song, everyone gathered around Brian as he sat at the piano and sang Auld Lang Syne... beautiful harmonies... everyone knows the words, right?... well Brian just stared forward blankly, not even attempting to mouth any of the words... the entire night, if the words werent written down, he just stared straight ahead. It was a great show musically, but Brian really wasn’t part of it.

On a lighter note, my daughter gave me another plasma ball for Christmas!! I spent the afternoon staring at my balls... mesmerizing.

Sounds cool! Al sang a few tunes (Help Me Rhonda and others)... I don’t know... Brian just wasn’t there... an example: for the last song, everyone gathered around Brian as he sat at the piano and sang Auld Lang Syne... beautiful harmonies... everyone knows the words, right?... well Brian just stared forward blankly, not even attempting to mouth any of the words... the entire night, if the words werent written down, he just stared straight ahead. It was a great show musically, but Brian really wasn’t part of it.

On a lighter note, my daughter gave me another plasma ball for Christmas!! I spent the afternoon staring at my balls... mesmerizing.

2 Balls better than One?? Are they Purple? :unsure:

Back