The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last night - Marcus Miller “Electric Miles” @ Rose Theater (Jazz at Lincoln Center). Covering Mile Davis’ output from In A Silent Way thru Tutu and Amandla. Killer band featuring Vernon Reid (Living Colour) and some amazing horn players in Russell Gunn & Marquis Hill. This particular brand of jazz is not typically my wife’s cup o tea - but even she was blown away. Amazing venue, sound & performance!
Oh maaannnn.. even Vern!!! I wonder if they are comin' over here!!!!

Last night - Marcus Miller “Electric Miles” @ Rose Theater (Jazz at Lincoln Center). Covering Mile Davis’ output from In A Silent Way thru Tutu and Amandla. Killer band featuring Vernon Reid (Living Colour) and some amazing horn players in Russell Gunn & Marquis Hill. This particular brand of jazz is not typically my wife’s cup o tea - but even she was blown away. Amazing venue, sound & performance!

This show would be right up my alley … Marcus is the best, cup o' tea and all.🤩

Saw Robyn Hitchcock last night up in Santa Fe. Solo show (except for 3 songs where Emma Swift sang harmonies) in the nice small room at a gallery space. Robyn was as eccentric as ever, lots of off the cuff chat between songs, including a running gag about his cat delivering "quiff gel" to Bryan Ferry. Main set was a very good selection of songs from across his catalog, came out for the encore and did Dylan's "Visions of Johanna" and then ended with Roxy Music's "More Than This." Most enjoyable evening.

Planning ahead....
Just booked tickets for most of the productions in ENO's new 2019/20 season:

I've never seen live performances of Orpheus in the Underworld, Luisa Miller or Rusalka so I'm particularly looking forward to those.

Last edited:

Nick Mason tonight in Wallingford, CT. Great band, amazing set list. I loved it!

My 2nd concert in as many days. Tonight it was the always entertaining Robyn Hitchcock in Old Saybrook, CT. 66 years old and still at the top of his game. Coincidentally, for his encore he did a cover of Pink Floyd's "Astronomy Domine" which I had head Nick Mason do the night before. Hey, if I have to hear a song two nights in a row, that's a pretty good one!

I often wonder about small venue concerts these days (which I now attend myself).... How many times do folks "just go", because they like the small theater scene....not even realizing the history of some of these artists? Take Nick Mason, for example. I bet my life, if you surveyed 100 random 40 year olds.......80% would NOT know who that is. No, not 100 random people on QQ, just on the street. Now, if you took those same 100, and said "Pink Floyd"...well, we know the outcome to that. (Not picking on 40 year olds...just making a point)

I just find this recent trend to the theater (recent, meaning, last 10-15 years) fascinating! I love seeing some of these artists come to the stage. :)

Dream Theater at the Tower Theater outside Philly last night rocked it! Tunes from the new album, including Untethered Angel, Bar Stool Warrior, and Pale Blue Dot sounding great live. Metropolis in its entirety, played like they mean it. With James singing his heart out.

Reactions: GOS
met one of my muses last night after her gig.. she asked me.. "Do I know you?"
Today I went to her creativity workshop and threw her off a few more times..
the goddess...
JANE SIBERRY!!

I love Jane! But I have to admit I lost track of her sometime in the 90's. Glad to know she's still making music. Lots of her albums (the 80's stuff in particular) could be amazing in surround.

I always loved this video. Videos in the early 80's were so corny. :D

Back