The recent and upcoming gigs thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking forward to seeing Fish (You know the guy who used to sing with Marillion) tonight at the Tramshed in Cardiff, Wales, UK.
I thought I'd write a little followup, really enjoyed this gig, he played a few songs from his solo albums but also the whole of Clutching at Straws , I had been told before they started by another punter that Fish was losing his voice but I saw no evidence of that, sounded pretty good to me as was the playing of the other guys in the band, the support was a band from south of France called Lazuli, who I was previously unaware of, but they caught the attention of the audience straight away and where very well received.

I'll see Fish in the summer as he is playing Fairport Convention's Cropredy Festival, good to hear he is on form. I haven't seen Lazuli, but Prog Magazine has had a feature on them in the past and has had tracks of theirs on the free CD, they do sound excellent.

I thought I'd write a little followup, really enjoyed this gig, he played a few songs from his solo albums but also the whole of Clutching at Straws , I had been told before they started by another punter that Fish was losing his voice but I saw no evidence of that, sounded pretty good to me as was the playing of the other guys in the band, the support was a band from south of France called Lazuli, who I was previously unaware of, but they caught the attention of the audience straight away and where very well received.

Kansas???
Saw them in San Juan in 1982 in the "Audioviosions" tour....ONE. OF THE. BEST GIGS EVEEEEEER....
TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY....
Steve Walsh STANDING UPSIDE DOWN ON THE KEYS playing "People of the south wind".... WOOOOOWWWWWW:mad:@::mad:@::mad:@:

Kansas???
Saw them in San Juan in 1982 in the "Audioviosions" tour....ONE. OF THE. BEST GIGS EVEEEEEER....
TOTALLY BLOWN AWAY....
Steve Walsh STANDING UPSIDE DOWN ON THE KEYS playing "People of the south wind".... WOOOOOWWWWWW:mad:@::mad:@::mad:@:

Yep Snood saw them 1980 in Lakeland Florida .............they were still in their prime - might have been their last tour in their prime with Steve Walsh. They were still huge!!! :banana: Awesome Concert

Atlanta Rhythm Section opened for them :cool:

Off this weekend to the Giants Of Rock 2018. But they have managed to put Uriah Heep on at the same time as Hawkwind, Grrrr............

Giants of Rock 2018.jpg

Will do, but to get some Real Ale I'll have to have a pint in the local pub, the one on the seafront does Ringwood :banana: but the venue has only Lager & Guinness, might have a Hobgoblin Ale 'tent' in the main area, but it often shuts early :( before the bands have finished, or runs out :yikes

Duncan,

Let us know how it sounds and how well they did. Most especially Manfred Mann, Hawkwind , Heep. :sun

Summer shows are starting to roll out in Toronto. I picked up tix for David Byrne at the Sony Centre and Jack White at the outdoor amphitheater on the lake....both Saturday night gigs...

Just home from seeing the Portland Cello Project at the wonderful Kimo Theater here. Most enjoyable show - 5 cello's for this jaunt (sometimes they have more), and through the two sets they played a wide variety of stuff - Saint-Saens, Brubeck (Blue Rondo), Radiohead, Dizzy Gillespie, Rimsky-Korsakov etc

Check out some of their stuff on their youtube channel.

Great to see people not use their phones throughout the show, and without being asked too. I kept mine tucked away but took one pic before they came onstage:
PCP-_Kimo-20180127.jpg

Summer shows are starting to roll out in Toronto. I picked up tix for David Byrne at the Sony Centre and Jack White at the outdoor amphitheater on the lake....both Saturday night gigs...

Listened to a couple tunes from the upcoming Jack White Album..........Snood not feeling it........like everything before it tho

Still should be an aweeeeeesome concert wheeler :banana:

Magnum were good on Friday. Hawkwind on Saturday were as well, the Bass player gives them that great 70s sound again. Uriah Heep were Ok, some good some not so. Stray were brilliant, so much energy. Sorry, but due to a need for Real Ale I got carried away drinking Ringwood Best Bitter and forgot they were on! One of our mob drinks Lager :yikes so didn't go to the pub and said they were very good.

Duncan,

Let us know how it sounds and how well they did. Most especially Manfred Mann, Hawkwind , Heep. :sun

:yikes

Slim Cessna's Auto Club US/EU/UK spring dates, for those interested:
February
15 Coram, MT Stonefly Lounge
16 Spokane, WA The Observatory
17 Astoria, OR Festival of Dark Arts
18 Seattle, WA Sunset Tavern
19 Bellingham, WA The Shakedown
20 Portland, OR Mississippi Studios
21 Medford, OR Johnny B's
23 San Francisco Bottom of the Hill
24 Sacramento, CA Blue Lamp
25 Reno, NV The Loving Cup
26 Salt Lake City, UT The Urban Lounge

March (Europe/UK dates with Nathaniel Rateliff and The Night Sweats)
21 Munich Muffathalle
22 Zurich X-Tra
24 Cologne E-Werk
25 Frankfurt Batschkapp
27 Berlin Astra
29 Oslo Parkteatret
30 Stockholm Berns
31 Copenhagen Vega
April
3 Hamburg Grosse Freiheit
4 Amsterdam Paradiso
5 Amsterdam Paradiso
7 Antwerp deRoma
9 Paris Trianon
11 London O2 Shepherds Bush Empire
12 London O2 Shepherds Bush Empire
13 London O2 Shepherds Bush Empire
14 Manchester Albert Hall
16 Liverpool Olympia
18 Dublin Olympia Theatre
19 Dublin Olympia Theatre
20 Belfast Ulster Hall
21 Edinburgh Usher Hall

http://www.slimcessnasautoclub.com/scac/

Going to Biscuts and Blues in San Francisco this Saturday night to see this cat, Otis Taylor, a very cool cat who sings a lot about the plight of slavery and native americans. His music can be haunting at times. Start with the CD Truth Is Not Fiction, the song Nasty Letter is very cool.
51tp77MV85L._SS500.jpg51422aU5CxL._AC_US500_QL65_.jpg

My wife and I went to Vega a week ago and on Thursday saw Santana and Friday Van Morrison. Both were excellent shows! Cindy Blackman Santana was amazing on the drums and loved how Carlos would put in snippets of well known compositions within his solos. Overall, excellent show! Van is still the man and even though he continues to struggle with stage fright he did a wonderful job. I had read that when the show begins he starts at 8 PM (not 8:01) and it was true! He brought his daughter Shana to sing 'That old black magic' and when the show was over he left and his band continued for another ten minutes. Glad I was able to see both of these iconic groups in the same place!

Back