The silly scope bears out - this is QS (tonight on the LP Lounge)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Brent

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Tonight, on the LP Lounge - in all its glory (and, as released, in QS sound) it's the soundtrack LP to the movie of the album of Tommy! (sorry) But to make up for it - a bonus track, - our own mix (also in QS sound) of the original version of Pinball Wizard!
Tonight at 10pm (East Coast, US time) on RadioMaxMusic.com!
1 7wH1zSuWXy9fZH9goY0arg.jpeg

Has there ever been a definitive determination about the QS status of the soundtrack album? I've seen people swear up and down that it's encoded...but also that it isn't.

For those who don't know, the subtle "AA" next to the film title on the poster meant that no one under 14 was allowed to see the movie back then. I have little respect for our MPAA, but I have to give them credit for not being the BBFC. :)

this is why I mention the oscilloscope. Rather than trust my ears, the phase shifts are clearly evident - BTW my favorite use of the scope is with SQ, watch the green (or amber) screen during Chase's Open Up Wide - and the image goes wild. With Tommy - all I can compare it against is the current "Remastered" CD. and there is a clear difference. Also, a decode of the newer version (the 40th anniversary release from 2015) is fairly dead, as with any straight stereo recording - while the LP has considerable directionality (also the LP is not constricted by the 16x44 - sadly my broadcast is :-(

this is why I mention the oscilloscope. Rather than trust my ears, the phase shifts are clearly evident - BTW my favorite use of the scope is with SQ, watch the green (or amber) screen during Chase's Open Up Wide - and the image goes wild. With Tommy - all I can compare it against is the current "Remastered" CD. and there is a clear difference. Also, a decode of the newer version (the 40th anniversary release from 2015) is fairly dead, as with any straight stereo recording - while the LP has considerable directionality (also the LP is not constricted by the 16x44 - sadly my broadcast is :-(

Of course...you stated it very clearly and I completely overlooked it. Very cool, thank you!

Back