The Steve Miller Band - Fly Like An Eagle - DVD - Wont Play on my player

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musicmemorabiliashoppellc

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
I have the Steve Miller Band - Fly Like An Eagle - Special Edition Includes Bonus DVD of Two Hour Live Concert. It is a 2 disc set the first one being just a CD the 2nd disc is where my problem lies.

It says right on the disc itself "NO REGION RESTRICTIONS" & "NTSC". So it should play on my player or any player in the world. The disc has the video concert as well as the album in 5.1.

It was marketed by Edsel a division of the Demon Music Group in 2010. The UPC code is 740155301033.

If anyone has had similar problems with this title please let me know or perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

Your responses ASAP would be greatly appreciated.

Yes, this title is not a DVD-Audio, but a DVD-Video. So if you're getting that part of the disc, then it's working right. If memory serves, I think there is a DVD-A logo on the back that was a misprint. I forget. But it was not unfortunately a DVD-A release.

Thanks for your quick response OQG

But would it actually make a difference if I have a Blu Ray or DVD player, shouldn't still play?

Yes, if you have another player try that. Otherwise, you might want to check your settings in Blu-ray player. Sometimes Blu-ray player needs a firmware update. Lastly, try copying the Disc and see what happens.

it was a long while ago but there were a few QQ members who had problems with the Edsel release DVD of this one.

no idea if any of it was resolved but it sounded like it may have been the Edsel DVD wasn't Region Free NTSC after all?

i'd try picking up the older Capitol version, nobody on QQ ever had any issues with that afaik.

The software program DVDfab copies DVDs and gets rid of the region code. It works if your player can do NTSC and PAL like Pioneer 578. There is a lot of info here, might have to Google it.

I have the Steve Miller Band - Fly Like An Eagle - Special Edition Includes Bonus DVD of Two Hour Live Concert. It is a 2 disc set the first one being just a CD the 2nd disc is where my problem lies.

It says right on the disc itself "NO REGION RESTRICTIONS" & "NTSC". So it should play on my player or any player in the world. The disc has the video concert as well as the album in 5.1.

It was marketed by Edsel a division of the Demon Music Group in 2010. The UPC code is 740155301033.

If anyone has had similar problems with this title please let me know or perhaps I'm doing something wrong?

Your responses ASAP would be greatly appreciated.
I had the same problem a few years back. The DVD wouldn't play at all (showed an error message, I think). So I filed it away for another day. My player is a Yamaha BD-A1010 and this and the quad mix of Dark Side are the only things I ever had trouble with.

I had the same problem a few years back. The DVD wouldn't play at all (showed an error message, I think). So I filed it away for another day. My player is a Yamaha BD-A1010 and this and the quad mix of Dark Side are the only things I ever had trouble with.

My Yamaha BD-1020 plays this disc fine. Some players just don’t like some discs for some reason

The only one I’ve ever had trouble with thr Rickie Lee Jones SACD. I can’t get it to find the surround layer. It plays fine in my $80 Sony player though.

i'd try picking up the older Capitol version, nobody on QQ ever had any issues with that afaik.

'til now.
My Capitol DVD won't play basically the second layer on ANY drive i have - standalone dvd or bluray player OR dvd player, burner or blu-ray burner. That means that VTS3, where the 5.1 mix reside after the 2-hours live show, is unplayable at all.

'til now.
My Capitol DVD won't play basically the second layer on ANY drive i have - standalone dvd or bluray player OR dvd player, burner or blu-ray burner. That means that VTS3, where the 5.1 mix reside after the 2-hours live show, is unplayable at all.
I have a copy of this.....Mine is on the EDSEL label if it is the import from Europe somewhere then the discs say that they are REGION FREE but they are not!! You will need a universal player or a DVD port on your computer to play it. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Yes, this title is not a DVD-Audio, but a DVD-Video. So if you're getting that part of the disc, then it's working right. If memory serves, I think there is a DVD-A logo on the back that was a misprint. I forget. But it was not unfortunately a DVD-A release.
Ya that album was only ever DTS, except the one cut on the Honda sampler that is DVD A

'til now.

I wonder if your problem with the Capitol version is a simple disc fail, rather than a problem with the edition.

Here is a post with details about how to spot the differences in the two editions.

https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/index.php?threads/fly-like-an-eagle.18519/post-198582
I was just playing this two days ago and still love the mix!

Disc failed.
I did a ISO backup of the disc on the server years ago and the ISO plays fine. At least i have that.

I have a copy of this.....Mine is on the EDSEL label if it is the import from Europe somewhere then the discs say that they are REGION FREE but they are not!! You will need a universal player or a DVD port on your computer to play it. Hope this helps.
I have a universal player (Yamaha BD-A1010) and this disc never played. However, it's about seven years old and Yamaha hasn't given it a firmware update in about five years.

Back