New Tim Bowness album - "Flowers At The Scene" (Feb 2019)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1679

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Tim recently blogged (see the Aug 27 entry) about his upcoming album, produced by Tim, SW and Brian Hulse and featuring contributions from Andy Partridge, Peter Hammill, Adam Holzman, Kevin Godley (and others).

There was no 5.1 mention in the post but seeing as SW is involved, and Tim's last couple albums have been done....hopefully????

I don't do FBook or Twitter so if anyone here that does wants to ask Tim for more info and report back, please do!

(Also, his twitter feed had links to a couple interviews from back in April/May when the Plenty album came out. As usual the no-man question came up and Tim did say he was hopeful, they'd talked about it, and some recordings actually have been done - hopefully they can find the time to finish off an album)

Flowers At The Scene will be released by Inside Out Music on March 1st 2019.
Mixed by Steven Wilson, no word on 5.1 (yet). More info at TB's homepage.
Flowers-At-The-Scene-300x300.jpg

Some new interviews with Tim, many details on the writing and recording process(es) for the album:

https://progarchy.com/2019/02/12/the-progarchy-interview-tim-bowness-part-1/
https://progarchy.com/2019/02/14/the-progarchy-interview-tim-bowness-part-2/
https://louderthanwar.com/tim-bowness-flowers-scene-interview/

Tim also updated his blog/diary and it has a little No-Man tease:
no-man finally got together to complete an album in Autumn. Over three days and late evenings, SW and I participated in the most immersive and enjoyable session since the early days of the band.
We traded ideas and just got on with trying to realise them with no external distractions. As is always the case, the ideas ended up taking us somewhere unexpected. The resulting album is something that’s 100% no-man – in terms of its mood, atmospheres and collection of disparate influences – while being completely unlike any previous no-man release.
Recording is currently ongoing and we’re hoping for a late 2019 release.

Last edited:
I so often appreciate the songwriting of Tim, also his eclectic influences that he infuse to his music, but sadly I can’t completely appreciate his vocals.

Tim also updated his blog/diary and it has a little No-Man tease:
no-man finally got together to complete an album in Autumn.
[..]
Recording is currently ongoing and we’re hoping for a late 2019 release.
Tim said that the album is ready. Of course I asked about a surround mix. There is no surround mix done (yet). Tim wasn't sure if it would be possible to do a good one from this material. I hope Steven Wilson can weave his magic.

Also Tim told that the "Plenty" project (recording songs from the pre no-man era) lead to the album, discussed in this thread. As we know Steven got involved to contribute with production and mixing. That made him interested to make another no-man album, right in between his own releases (next planned for 2020).

I spoke to Tim (after his concert) and he regrets there is no surround of this album. We brought up the idea to combine a surround version of this with a future release, just like the two previous one's. That will be considered for sure.
That sounds interesting. To me this is his strongest album to date, and there are lots of elements that would suit for surround.

Back