Tonight we go to Jail

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Brent

300 Club - QQ All-Star
Tonight at 10 on RadioMaxMusic.com the LP Lounge goes to prison. We feature two live albums (oddly enough in surround sound). The first is not widely known outside of the Latin community, which is a shame - the 2nd, well, its the second best selling live album in history -
show.jpg

Is the Fania album really CD-4?
my friend - I'm an idiot. (not a big secret) - I've had this album for 40 years - there is no indication of which
quad system was used - the only mention is on the gatefold where it reads "Stereo Quad compatible"
so SQ - maybe?
well for the first time I put it through a demodulator -
damn - it's CD-4

you'd think I would have done this at least once since Nixon was elected.

sorry

It was in the Quad Lps list.. as a CD-4 single inventory Double LP.. I got a NEW SEALED copy and it's really bad quality,, Fania LPs from the 70's were horrid!!

well - the good news - the surround mix is pleasant - no subcarrier distortion -
the bad news - the vinyl so about as noisy as any I've come across - and it's not
like I found this in the gutter - I bought this new - so it always sounded like this.
but it is a great performance - wish they took more care with it. - but then again-
Its still better than Barry's this one's for you.

Tonight at 10 on RadioMaxMusic.com the LP Lounge goes to prison. We feature two live albums (oddly enough in surround sound). The first is not widely known outside of the Latin community, which is a shame - the 2nd, well, its the second best selling live album in history -

Where did this stat come from? I'm pretty sure it is incorrect. In fact, I'm even pretty sure it's not Johnny's best selling live album (that would be "At Folsom Prison").

Where did this stat come from? I'm pretty sure it is incorrect. In fact, I'm even pretty sure it's not Johnny's best selling live album (that would be "At Folsom Prison").

what I wrote was 2nd best selling; which it was - first was Folsom, as you seem to be aware

There was another jailbird type disc , fwiw . and in CD-4 .

Armand Schaubroeck , Armand Schaubroeck Steals A 3 disc quad set from Mirror O Records .

Just thought I'd mention it .

There was another jailbird type disc , fwiw . and in CD-4 .

Armand Schaubroeck , Armand Schaubroeck Steals A 3 disc quad set from Mirror O Records .

This disc tells the story behind his imprision, but wasn't recorded in a jail, IIRC.

-Kristian

Back