• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not request or offer for sale or trade copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

TONY BANKS - The Fugitive [DTS DVD]

Rate the DTS DVD of TONY BANKS - The Fugitive

• 10: Great Fidelity, Great Surround, Great Content

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 40.0%

Votes: 2 40.0%

Votes: 1 20.0%

• 1: Poor Fidelity, Poor Surround, Poor Content

• Total voters
Thanks Bob.

I'd never heard this album until I got the DVD-V and I really enjoy it:

1. The surround mix is OK. Nothing terribly adventurous but there's some obvious discrete action going on in places.

2. Packaging is some cardboard book thing. DVD placed in plastic slim case and original packaging filed away.

3. Fidelity is awesome. When the bass notes on Charm kick in - whoa... it'll rumble your listening throne. Then just when you think it can't get more betterer, the drums kick in... wow!

4. The music itself is superb (if you like 80's pop with lots of synths - I do). Every song has a memorable melody. Something that's sorely missing these days.

5. Tony's voice is great (well, I like it anyway) and suits the music really well. Makes me wonder what some of Genesis' tunes might have been like if Tony had sung the lead.

6. It's worth the purchase for By You and Charm alone. Great tunes both of them. They'll get your head bobbin' and your mug grinnin'. "Down, down, down, down, down."

7. Props for the Ford Cortina in the This is Love video. MK4? Not many of them around these days.

Happy listening with this one. Crank it up loud.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
Ultimately, I walk away a little less impressed with "The Fugitive" then I was with "A Curious Feeling", but that's mostly down to Tony's singing abilities (or lack thereof). The songs themselves are rather hit and miss. "This Is Love", "And The Wheels Keep Turning", "At the Edge of Night", and "Moving Under" all have their moments, and the instrumental "Thirty Three's" is particularly good in surround, but the rest isn't up to par with Tony's other songs for both himself and Genesis.
As far as surround and fidelity, there's nothing really wrong in either department, so I would give "The Fugitive" a '7', breaking down my vote, like this:

Content: 1.5/3
Surround Mix: 3/3
Fidelity: 2.5/3
High-Res Disc: 0/1

Only recommend for the surround and Genesis completists. For those newer to Tony's work away from Genesis, try "A Curious Feeling" out before delving into this one.

rusinurbe

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Ultimately, I walk away a little less impressed with "The Fugitive" then I was with "A Curious Feeling", but that's mostly down to Tony's singing abilities (or lack thereof). The songs themselves are rather hit and miss. "This Is Love", "And The Wheels Keep Turning", "At the Edge of Night", and "Moving Under" all have their moments, and the instrumental "Thirty Three's" is particularly good in surround, but the rest isn't up to par with Tony's other songs for both himself and Genesis.
As far as surround and fidelity, there's nothing really wrong in either department, so I would give "The Fugitive" a '7', breaking down my vote, like this:

Content: 1.5/3
Surround Mix: 3/3
Fidelity: 2.5/3
High-Res Disc: 0/1

Only recommend for the surround and Genesis completists. For those newer to Tony's work away from Genesis, try "A Curious Feeling" out before delving into this one.

You have written my review Ultimatly very dissappointing after 'A Curious Feeling' which i think is a grat album.

the mixes in both cases are not very adventurous.