Unlock your OPPO Blu-ray player for all DVD regions!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After Owen's post I looked back through the thread a bit.
My BDP-80 plays SACD-R. Wonder why they never disabled it?
The threat was from the Blu Ray forum to revoke Oppo's licence to sell new blu ray players unless they disabled SACD-R (and the same threat was made earlier for iso playback). If the model is no longer on sale at the time, the Blu Ray forum have no leverage for that model. My Oppo 95 won't play isos but I played an SACD-R on it yesterday. They'd have a hard time forcing Oppo to release a firmware update that no-one would take for a model no longer in production.

The threat was from the Blu Ray forum to revoke Oppo's licence to sell new blu ray players unless they disabled SACD-R (and the same threat was made earlier for iso playback). If the model is no longer on sale at the time, the Blu Ray forum have no leverage for that model. My Oppo 95 won't play isos but I played an SACD-R on it yesterday. They'd have a hard time forcing Oppo to release a firmware update that no-one would take for a model no longer in production.
Ah yes. I remember now. The BDP-80 was the first BD player IIRC, so it was early. I actually bought mine as a refurb from Oppo. Outside of having to dig in and clean the laser lens, it's been good.
Actually it's boxed up now with the even older Oppo.

Back