• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not request or offer for sale or trade copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

UPDATE: Tapatalk

JonUrban

Administrator
Staff member
I just installed and tested the Tapatalk pluging for XenForo. It works.

HOWEVER, when I used it, there were quite a few ads, and a nag screen to "Pay to remove Ads". These ads have NOTHING to do with QQ and no money comes to QQ from them. I did not realize they were so abundant in Tapatalk. The last time I tried it there were none. So maybe this is new.

So, use it at your own risk. The ads are not mine. What I have found is that this new software works great on my iPhone WITHOUT Tapatalk, just in Safari or Firefox. Just open your phone or tablet's browser and enter the forum web link. The XenForo works really well in it's native form on a phone/tablet.

I would suggest trying it without Tapatalk unless you really want to use it, or have paid them for the ad removal.

Ads. I HATE ADS! :mad:

GOS

GOS 3.0
I just installed and tested the Tapatalk pluging for XenForo. It works.

HOWEVER, when I used it, there were quite a few ads, and a nag screen to "Pay to remove Ads". These ads have NOTHING to do with QQ and no money comes to QQ from them. I did not realize they were so abundant in Tapatalk. The last time I tried it there were none. So maybe this is new.

So, use it at your own risk. The ads are not mine. What I have found is that this new software works great on my iPhone WITHOUT Tapatalk, just in Safari or Firefox. Just open your phone or tablet's browser and enter the forum web link. The XenForo works really well in it's native form on a phone/tablet.

I would suggest trying it without Tapatalk unless you really want to use it, or have paid them for the ad removal.

Ads. I HATE ADS! :mad:
So, QQ looks normal on Safari?? It's not small and all that? My old eyes loved Tapatalk, as it seemed to bring things up to scale and easy to read. Ugh...

j9

I ditched Tapatalk several months ago after the last update I downloaded. It totally messed up how I had it setup before (descending from most recent active thread and I could tell if I had visited the thread since last activity) and I could never get it back to that. So goodbye tapatalk. Granted, navigating QQ on my older phone was a bit challenging at times, at least I could get where I wanted to eventually.

But this new software update? It is so much better! Navigating on my old phone via browser is such an improvement. I wouldn't go back to Tapatalk now even if I could get it to work as before.
And no ads!

So a big thanks to Jon for all his work on the upgrade! (y)

GOS

GOS 3.0
So, my tapatalk seems to be working again just fine. I still prefer that to the browsing experience on my iphone...with browsers things are just way too small. Unless someone knows how to get a better experience from phone browsers...

JonUrban

Administrator
Staff member
I just logged in from my iPad with Tapatalk just to see how it was working, and from what I saw I was not happy. It seems that it inserts ads in every forum thread, at many intervals, so if there's a long thread, there's an ad every 3 or 4 posts. That sucks.

It also asks for a monthly subscription fee to remove the ads. What a crock. I make sure that QQ has no ads and doesn't cost members anything, and here's Tapatalk putting ads into our forum. I really do not like that at all.

Not at all.

Is there any reason I should not dump Tapatalk? Are there people out there that really like it over just using their phone/tablet web browser?
Am I over reacting? :poop:

DuncanS

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I looked at using Tapatalk but came to the conclusion it was just after info gathering to target adverts so didn't bother. I can view QQ on my Samsung Tablet, Windows PCs and Windows phone with out it. So doesn't affect me.

timbre4

Moderator on Bass
Staff member
The version of Tapatalk I have on my iPhone and iPad never has ads. Not saying it's great but it worked. In the past the QQ was recognized and I'd be asked to "open Tapatalk Now?" and I'd say yes and see the same old thing. Today I can see the NEW QQ through Safari in it's full native glory (not missing topics until added like Tapatalk was) so that will be what I use from now on! I'm uninstalling Tapatalk now. :LB

drphibes

I just logged in from my iPad with Tapatalk just to see how it was working, and from what I saw I was not happy. It seems that it inserts ads in every forum thread, at many intervals, so if there's a long thread, there's an ad every 3 or 4 posts. That sucks.

It also asks for a monthly subscription fee to remove the ads. What a crock. I make sure that QQ has no ads and doesn't cost members anything, and here's Tapatalk putting ads into our forum. I really do not like that at all.

Not at all.

Is there any reason I should not dump Tapatalk? Are there people out there that really like it over just using their phone/tablet web browser?
Am I over reacting? :poop:
I generally have found it perfectly fine when browsing the forum on a tablet. I would prefer it not go away. That being said it is not my call.

Jon, my primary way of accessing QQ is via Tapatalk, it makes it easier to get updates through the day as my employer blocks access via my work pc. Understand that the ads are a feature of the program rather than the board, and can live with them.

Sent from my K5000 using Tapatalk