Using AudioMuxer to create audio-only Blu-ray disc?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Colin Dunn

I've read some stuff that suggests AudioMuxer can be used to create a Blu-ray disc image. However, the documentation for AudioMuxer doesn't go into a lot of detail about what input format to use, etc.

I'd like to be able to take a 4.0 48/24 or 4.0 96/24 .WAV or .FLAC file, chop it up into tracks using a CUE file, and then create an audio Blu-ray disc image that will play back on a standard Blu-ray player.

Any pointers on whether I can do this with AudioMuxer, or what else I should be thinking about?

Yep Audiomuxer can do it for you...

If you have a cue file for the Joined tracks you don't even need to (physically) split it...

If you need instructions, let me know...

Thanks for the info, I was wrestling with this recently as I have some quad reels of bands I ran sound for and wanted to put them on one large disc instead of doing separate DVD-Audios.

If you want multiple discs (in different titles) & a menu - I don't think Audiomuxer can do it (by itself).

You can do it in combination with multiAVCHD (to create the menus) though... There's probably other ways... but both those tools are free.

I've been using Audiomuxer to create Blu-ray compatible AVCHD discs of quad albums from DVD-Audio and SACD-R ISOs that can be burned on DVD-Rs as I don't have a Blu-ray burner yet. Quad albums come in under 4 Gb, so I've been ripping them as a single multi-track WAV with Foobar and then loading the WAV and CUE into Audiomuxer so that I don't even have to think about which tracks are cross-faded, and the artist, album and track titles all get picked from the CUE and appear on the screen if you have the TV on. Only takes 5 - 10 minutes to create the new ISO.

An album in 5.1 would be larger and would need to be on a BD-R and could be in true Blu-ray format. I assume the work around for the file size would be to rip two separate WAVs, effectively Side 1 and Side 2 of the album.

I have had a play at creating a multi-album Blu-ray disc with a menu with multiAVCHD, but the menu creation process didn't seem very intuitive. By comparison, I taught myself to make simple text menus in DVD Lab Pro without too much grief.

Does anyone have a reasonable step-by-step guide to creating menus in multiAVCHD? The "instructions" I found on the multiAVCHD site seem to consist of "you can create a menu like this" and an image, but no real guide on how to get there.

Last edited:
LizardKing -

When you have a moment, could you post what you're doing in AudioMuxer?

Here are my thoughts from looking in the app, though I haven't tried it yet. Let me know if I have any of these steps wrong.

1) Add the .WAV files containing the album sides.
2) Push "CUE Split" and select the CUE files associated with the .WAV files.
3) Configure the following settings: Mux to MKV, HD 1080p, blank video / text as subtitles, split by CUE entries, export to Blu-ray .ISO.
4) Push "Mux To" button to create the ISO image.

Oops, that didn't work. I tried it but got an error saying the .MKV files had an audio stream that was not compatible with Blu-ray.

I started out with a 96/24, 5.1-channel, 32-bit .WAV file. The resulting .MKV files had distorted sound in VLC Media Player. I'm wondering if they need to be 24-bit files?

LizardKing -

When you have a moment, could you post what you're doing in AudioMuxer?

Here are my thoughts from looking in the app, though I haven't tried it yet. Let me know if I have any of these steps wrong.

1) Add the .WAV files containing the album sides.
2) Push "CUE Split" and select the CUE files associated with the .WAV files.
3) Configure the following settings: Mux to MKV, HD 1080p, blank video / text as subtitles, split by CUE entries, export to Blu-ray .ISO.
4) Push "Mux To" button to create the ISO image.

Your instructions look right...

Important note: The WAV files (must be 24 or 16 bit at 48, 96 or 192KHz) It will not take 88.2 or 44.1.... or 32 bit files (I think):

Sreenshots:
Add fies:
Add.JPG

Cue Split:
Cue.JPG

Settings:
Final.JPG

Note I've put a picture in (but you don't need do do that)... Blank Video is fine too...& any of the Video sizes are OK too..As long as you're Set-up supports them. I've used PAL as the JPG I has was excatly that size, as I'd used it for a PAL DVD-A...

Any questions let me know...

Word of warning about AVCHD:
Not all BD players will play this, as support is optional & not mandatory.
For multichannel it is better to use LPCM as opposed to DTS-HD MAS or Dolby True HD because even though both stream types are mandatory, the mandatory component of them is the lossy core streams (so DTS or AC3) and the real bummer here is that the DTS-HD or Dolby True HD lights will still be lit.
All players are required to play back LPCM though, so the best approach to use.

Last edited:
Back