VC-10

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Anyone here fly in one of these? I don't think there were many made, but they always intrigued me. I loved the "QUAD" jets on the back! :) ("Flew in from Miami Beach......")

BOAC_VC-10_1101.jpg

Anyone here fly in one of these? I don't think there were many made, but they always intrigued me. I loved the "QUAD" jets on the back! :) ("Flew in from Miami Beach......")

View attachment 38139
Never got to fly in one, saw them fly over the house a lot! I'd forgotten about BOAC (British Overseas Airways Corporation) which with BEA (British European Airways) were merged to become BA (British Airways) mid-1970s I think. Made me wonder when the last flight of a VC10 was seems it was 25th September 2013 first was in 1962 (I was 5!) interesting link VC10

I remember seeing them on occasion. The neighborhood I grew up in was close to the Toronto airport and our street was almost right in a path for incoming flights so we frequently had loud, low jets coming over. As kids we'd even ride our bikes over the airport and go up to the roof observation deck to watch the planes come and go.

Back