Vista and the converter. Anyone tried it yet?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Has anyone tried doing conversions with Vista as an O/S?

Does everything/anything work?

SurCode (MLP/DTS)
Adobe Audition
DVD Audio Extractor
Vegas
Sound Forge
Wavelab
etc
etc

I guess I'm going to be a pioneer and verify stuff.

I recently did some computer upgrades, and have Vista Ultimate going on my main PC. As a fall back, I bought one of those SATA drive enclosures that lets you slip the bare drive right out the front (without a enclosure) so that you can quick swap (with the power off) the drive. Thus, my Windows XP drive still exisits! :D

The more I use Vista the more I like it. I've had it on my laptop since it came out, and it's really stable. As I try things, I'll add to this thread. Right now I'm just getting the Vista C drive together. I did download the drivers for my MOTU, and it works fine.

Kudos to Jon, i probably will be the last one to upgrade to Vista. Installed XP this february for the only reason that the sound card driver of the new board didn't worked well with Win2000.

Has anyone tried doing conversions with Vista as an O/S?

Does everything/anything work?

SurCode (MLP/DTS)
Adobe Audition
DVD Audio Extractor
Vegas
Sound Forge
Wavelab
etc
etc

Hi Jon,

I've had Vista Home Premium for my Sony Blu-Ray laptop since it was first released earlier this year. So far Adobe Audition 1.5, SurCode DTS, Sound Forge Studio 9.0, Acid Studio 7.0, Cubase LE, and DiscWelder Bronze work with no problems.

I use these software applications now with a PreSonus Firepod 24/96 Firewire Recording Interface (recently renamed to FP10--did Apple have anything to do with that?? http://www.presonus.com/fp10.html). It is SAAAWEEET!:sun Because of the rename, you can pick one of these babies up for $300 less on Amazon and other places.

Ed

Back