• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Weird ebay quad reel auction

I'M ALMOST OUT OF QUALITY 1800' TAPES so I'm switching speeds down to 3 1/4", to eat up my supply of 1200' tapes. I'll be adding an extra 15minutes of new material on to each tape as I can get 60 minutes on each tape! The prices are still very reasonable for quad reels!

As for DVD's and digital downloads, they are one step closer as I have successfully generated and tested .aa3 files from my DAW program, playble on VLC this past Easter weekend! Next couple of spare days I will try ruining a handful of disks to see if I can successfully burn one. Boolla Boolla!:banana::banana:

Quadzilla

Exiled QQ Veteran
I'M ALMOST OUT OF QUALITY 1800' TAPES so I'm switching speeds down to 3 1/4", to eat up my supply of 1200' tapes. I'll be adding an extra 15minutes of new material on to each tape as I can get 60 minutes on each tape! The prices are still very reasonable for quad reels!

As for DVD's and digital downloads, they are one step closer as I have successfully generated and tested .aa3 files from my DAW program, playble on VLC this past Easter weekend! Next couple of spare days I will try ruining a handful of disks to see if I can successfully burn one. Boolla Boolla!:banana::banana:
You might want to rethink that. Most reel to reel enthusiasts avoid 3 3/4 ips recordings because the sound quality is mediocre ... poor high frequency response and too much tape hiss. Also ... while most (if not all) machines will play 7 1/2 ips tapes, a lot of them will not play 3 3/4 ips; especially 10 1/2 inch decks like the very popular TEAC 3340S.

You might want to rethink that. Most reel to reel enthusiasts avoid 3 3/4 ips recordings because the sound quality is mediocre ... poor high frequency response and too much tape hiss. Also ... while most (if not all) machines will play 7 1/2 ips tapes, a lot of them will not play 3 3/4 ips; especially 10 1/2 inch decks like the very popular TEAC 3340S.
So go 30 minutes at 7.5 ips, alrighty then.

my prices seem to have come to an equilibrium around 8.50 to 9.50 per tape, with the occasional 3 for $20 special! I've been working on some new tapes, most recently REZZONATOR Vol 1. (available on eBay)

rezzonator vol 1 top small.jpg

rezzonator vol 1 back small.jpg

Thanks to all my customers! July/August marks my one year into this venture and it's going good!

Last 7 days $124.50
Last 31 days $269.00
Last 90 days $648.79

I have new tapes all the time, and always interested in your multi-track originals etc.!
:mad:@::smokin

PS: 7 more days on this buy one get one promotion!

the WEIRDNESS continues over at KOOKANANNY's QUAD EMPORIUM on EBAY now -
ENOCH THE RAD's "ACID QUAD vol. 3" Reel To Reel Quadraphonic Tape
https://www.ebay.com/itm/132412147142

Music Genre: Acid Quad Electronica, Soundscape, Experimental, Abstract Expressionism Drones, individually hand-mixed straight into 4 discrete channels from multi-track digital masters!

AQV3.jpg

unadvertised special at the House of Quad
SPECIAL OFFER - BUY 3 get 1 FREE
If I see 3 tapes shipping to the same buyer on the same day, I'll throw in a bonus tape !!