• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not request or offer for sale or trade copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

Welcome Bruce Soord from The Pineapple Thief - Q&A Thread

GOS

GOS 3.0
And, hopefully the 5.1 isn't relegated to some pre-order FLAC download code, and we can get a physical copy. I'd assume TPT has enough clout to warrant an actual DVD... (I'll take it either way, at this point, honestly...) Very stoked for this. I've waited a very long time for TPT 5.1:banana:
No doubt, me too!

Neil Palfreyman

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
I've waited a very long time for TPT 5.1:banana:
Me too! :)

...this last six months or so has been a dream come true for me - not just three of my favourite bands/artists now doing 5.1 - That's "Big Big Train", "The Enid" and now Bruce/The Pineapple Thief - but I also got to work with all of them and they're all backing away from "loud" releases in favour of more dynamic range. It really couldn't get much better. :)

peterzach

Peter - what specifically are you talking about? you said "Download option ordered". Are you talking about PT? Or something else?? :)
You must of caught my accidental post in here saying ordered Ghost Community download for $5 pounds which is a really good deal.
I noticed after posting I was in wrong thread so edited and changed to one saying Bruce Soord mixed the Ghost Community which he did and was a more appropriate post for this thread..
Only download so far from Bruce Soord's own work I think is his own solo album and I think based on Bruce's tweet today the Pineapple Thief will be getting a few different lossless options and hard copies for those so thats going to be very cool.

FVDnz

Well, they've always been abbreviated as TPT, so a clear distinction there. :)

Sent from my HTC_0PJA10 using Tapatalk

peterzach

Bruce S. if you happen to come by here again, you tweeted 5 months ago:

"The new @pineapplethief album will have lossless 5.1 and fully dynamic mixes for all formats."

I just got the deluxe album and have only listened to the 5.1 so far, you have delivered as promised.
I should be saying way more things than this but from my heart," THANKYOU,THANKYOU,THANKYOU :)
Lossless,dynamic and discreet it is and a DVDA,WOW.

peter

von kulper

400 Club - QQ All Star
Listening to Wisdom of Crowds at the moment. This will be smoking hot in surround. Hopefully a surround will be released sooner or later.
Yup, love this one. It's great. I know he mentioned he'd be doing a Wisdom of Crowds 2 sometime in the near future, and hopefully he'll be bringing Jonas Renske back on for the project. I'm pretty sure at this point, a second WoC would certainly be getting a 5.1, but would definitely be sweet to get the first one, too. :) And the TPT back catalog while he's at it, of course...

Robert van Diggele

He Bruce, it has been awhile sicne you last vistited the forum. This probably meas you are busy making new music and mixing inj surorund :)

Highly unlikely but in case you run out of work, here are some suggestions of artistst that would benifit from your surorund work:

Riverside, would be great to hear the rest of the catalogue in surround
Lunatic Soul, the solo work of Mariusz
Gazpacho, served cold but hot in surround with Missa Atropos, March of Ghostst and Demon
iamthemorning, their latest Belighted would be killer in surround
Airbag, all four albums

Looking forward to seeing you around again in QQ.

von kulper

400 Club - QQ All Star
He Bruce, it has been awhile sicne you last vistited the forum. This probably meas you are busy making new music and mixing inj surorund :)

Highly unlikely but in case you run out of work, here are some suggestions of artistst that would benifit from your surorund work:

Riverside, would be great to hear the rest of the catalogue in surround
Lunatic Soul, the solo work of Mariusz
Gazpacho, served cold but hot in surround with Missa Atropos, March of Ghostst and Demon
iamthemorning, their latest Belighted would be killer in surround
Airbag, all four albums

Looking forward to seeing you around again in QQ.
(y)(y)(y)

Yup, yup, yup, and yup, and haven't heard Airbag so I'll be checking them out. Any recommendations where to start?