Welcome Bruce Soord from The Pineapple Thief - Q&A Thread

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And, hopefully the 5.1 isn't relegated to some pre-order FLAC download code, and we can get a physical copy. I'd assume TPT has enough clout to warrant an actual DVD... (I'll take it either way, at this point, honestly...) Very stoked for this. I've waited a very long time for TPT 5.1:banana:

No doubt, me too!

I've waited a very long time for TPT 5.1:banana:

Me too! :)

...this last six months or so has been a dream come true for me - not just three of my favourite bands/artists now doing 5.1 - That's "Big Big Train", "The Enid" and now Bruce/The Pineapple Thief - but I also got to work with all of them and they're all backing away from "loud" releases in favour of more dynamic range. It really couldn't get much better. :)

Peter - what specifically are you talking about? you said "Download option ordered". Are you talking about PT? Or something else?? :)

You must of caught my accidental post in here saying ordered Ghost Community download for $5 pounds which is a really good deal.
I noticed after posting I was in wrong thread so edited and changed to one saying Bruce Soord mixed the Ghost Community which he did and was a more appropriate post for this thread..
Only download so far from Bruce Soord's own work I think is his own solo album and I think based on Bruce's tweet today the Pineapple Thief will be getting a few different lossless options and hard copies for those so thats going to be very cool.

Bruce S. if you happen to come by here again, you tweeted 5 months ago:

"The new @pineapplethief album will have lossless 5.1 and fully dynamic mixes for all formats."

I just got the deluxe album and have only listened to the 5.1 so far, you have delivered as promised.
I should be saying way more things than this but from my heart," THANKYOU,THANKYOU,THANKYOU :)
Lossless,dynamic and discreet it is and a DVDA,WOW.

peter

Listening to Wisdom of Crowds at the moment. This will be smoking hot in surround. Hopefully a surround will be released sooner or later.

Yup, love this one. It's great. I know he mentioned he'd be doing a Wisdom of Crowds 2 sometime in the near future, and hopefully he'll be bringing Jonas Renske back on for the project. I'm pretty sure at this point, a second WoC would certainly be getting a 5.1, but would definitely be sweet to get the first one, too. :) And the TPT back catalog while he's at it, of course...

He Bruce, it has been awhile sicne you last vistited the forum. This probably meas you are busy making new music and mixing inj surorund :)

Highly unlikely but in case you run out of work, here are some suggestions of artistst that would benifit from your surorund work:

Riverside, would be great to hear the rest of the catalogue in surround
Lunatic Soul, the solo work of Mariusz
Gazpacho, served cold but hot in surround with Missa Atropos, March of Ghostst and Demon
iamthemorning, their latest Belighted would be killer in surround
Airbag, all four albums

Looking forward to seeing you around again in QQ.

He Bruce, it has been awhile sicne you last vistited the forum. This probably meas you are busy making new music and mixing inj surorund :)

Highly unlikely but in case you run out of work, here are some suggestions of artistst that would benifit from your surorund work:

Riverside, would be great to hear the rest of the catalogue in surround
Lunatic Soul, the solo work of Mariusz
Gazpacho, served cold but hot in surround with Missa Atropos, March of Ghostst and Demon
iamthemorning, their latest Belighted would be killer in surround
Airbag, all four albums

Looking forward to seeing you around again in QQ.

(y)(y)(y)

Yup, yup, yup, and yup, and haven't heard Airbag so I'll be checking them out. Any recommendations where to start?

Back