What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
nice big splurge of the month....something I've been wanting for a LOOONG time!

Four Calendar Cafe - Cocteau Twins .. on LP!!!!!

Hope that the Discogs seller doesn't disappoint...

Peter Frampton was involved with the re-mastering of the A&M Humble Pie albums and released only in "The A&M Vinyl Box Set 1970-1975". The set includes: Humble Pie (1970), Rock On (1971), Performance Rockin’ The Fillmore (1971), Smokin’ (1972), Eat It (1973), Thunderbox(1974) and Street Rats (1975). It was released on June 2, 2017 and I have impatiently been waiting for those new mastered versions to be released digitally in High Resolution ever since. I've heard good about the new versions. I finally broke down and ordered the vinyl set from DeepDiscount with the 15% off they ran recently. WATCH, NOW they will be released on HDTracks right after I break the seal...

The Sound of Jazz 3ch SACD Count Basie, Lester Young, Ben Webster, Billie Holiday, Jo Jones, Coleman Hawkins, Henry "Red" Allen, Vic Dickenson, Pee Wee Russell; Gerry Mulligan, Thelonious Monk, and Jimmy Giuffre.

Lots of Vocalion Quad retreads:
Rose Garden & Greatest Hits - Lynn Anderson SACD Multi
Beethoven: Piano Conciertos 3 & 5 - Barenboim & Rubenstein SACD Multi
Haydn: Mass in Time of War - Bernstein/New York SACD Multi
Return of Pink Panther & Symphonic Soul - Mancini SACD Multi
Road Food & #10 - Guess Who SACD Multi
All American Boy & Spring Fever - Rick Derringer SACD Multi

Beethoven & Sound of Jazz are the only albums I don't already own in Quad.

Last edited:
The Sound of Jazz 3ch SACD Count Basie, Lester Young, Ben Webster, Billie Holiday, Jo Jones, Coleman Hawkins, Henry "Red" Allen, Vic Dickenson, Pee Wee Russell; Gerry Mulligan, Thelonious Monk, and Jimmy Giuffre.

Linda do you already have their Chet and Deodato releases?

Mamita Linda... are any of the classical DV quads discrete???

The Haydn was recorded for Quad and is pretty discrete.

I can't speak about the Beethoven. It isn't one I already own. As I recall, it was on RCA. Many of their projects were pretty discrete. I have some other recordings of these pieces, though none are Quad. we'll see.

Back in the day, we were season subscribers for the Chicago Symphony under both Solti and Barenboim. So, I'm expecting something good.

The Haydn was recorded for Quad and is pretty discrete.

I can't speak about the Beethoven. It isn't one I already own. As I recall, it was on RCA. Many of their projects were pretty discrete. I have some other recordings of these pieces, though none are Quad. we'll see.

Back in the day, we were season subscribers for the Chicago Symphony under both Solti and Barenboim. So, I'm expecting something good.

Gracias Mamita Linda... besos!!!

I have the Beethoven and it is a great performance, but isn't discrete. It is more of a Quad Hall Effect. I can confirm the Haydn is more discrete with the Choir mostly in the rears.

A few other discrete DV classics I like:

Boulez Conducts Stravinsky - Petrushka
Andre Kostelanetz Conducts Villa-Lobos Music From Spain (one of my favorites)
Zukerman Plays and Conducts Vivaldi - The Four Seasons

I have the Beethoven and it is a great performance, but isn't discrete. It is more of a Quad Hall Effect. I can confirm the Haydn is more discrete with the Choir mostly in the rears.

A few other discrete DV classics I like:

Boulez Conducts Stravinsky - Petrushka
Andre Kostelanetz Conducts Villa-Lobos Music From Spain (one of my favorites)
Zukerman Plays and Conducts Vivaldi - The Four Seasons

Thank you!!!!
:smokin

I have Deodato, but not Chet. Deodato 1 & 2 are great Quads! His jazz arrangement of 2001 was a big single in '73. I gladly bought them both 4 times: Q8, SQ LP, CD and the Vocalion SACD. You need it!
I love his 2001! played the stereo version at home last week and have quad transfers of those albums but the SACD is well on my list along with Chet and Rick Derringer

BTW, some of the tracks following 2001 sound like soundtracks looking for a movie but still great!

Waiting, waiting, waiting!
The Planets / Also sprach Zarathustra (1971) Quadraphonic Blu-ray Audio from DG
(not that I'll probably get around to playing it any time soon if it does show up, mind you!)

I've really come to the conclusion that Amazon Australia sucks! No point worrying about them taking over as they don't seem be capable of delivering!

Original delivery date was the 17th of April. Then pushed out to the 8th of May. And now that it's the 8th, they tell me it may get delivered on the 28th!

Back