• QuadraphonicQuad welcomes you and encourages your participation! Treat all members with respect. Please keep all discussions civil, even when you have a strong opinion on a particular topic.

Do not offer for free, offer for sale, offer for trade, or request copies or files of copyrighted material - no matter how rare or unavailable to the public they might be. We do not condone the illegal sharing of music. There are many places on the internet where you can participate in such transactions, but QuadraphonicQuad is not one of them. We are here to encourage and support new multichannel releases from those companies that still provide them and as such the distribution of illegal copies of recordings is counter-productive to that effort. Any posts of this sort will be deleted without notification.

Please try to avoid discussions that pit one format against another. Hint for new users: make liberal use of the search facilities here at QuadraphonicQuad. Our message base is an incredibly rich resource of detailed information on virtually all topics pertaining to surround-sound. You will be surprised at what you can find with a little digging!

What Are You Waiting On?

jefe1

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Reaction score
As I was finishing my yard work yesterday I noticed this British looking guy running from my house to a waiting taxi cab.
I check my mailbox and hell yes my DV order has arrived!
And no cracked cases!

I'm just finishing the Paul Revere 2fer now great quad mix but light AM radio sound on the first lp.
However I love 2 tunes Mr Sun Mr. Moon and Cinderrella Sunshine.
The second lp does have a better sound but I think I prefer the psychedelic style of Hard N Heavy
I know im going to love the Guess Who America Woman 2fer....

So where can I get a DV tattoo?

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score
Tacked on Kenny Wayne Shepherd BD and Monk's Dream SACD to get the shipping discount also.

View attachment 42438
I liked it a whole lot better two years ago when Acoustic Sounds had a 50% off sale on approximately 200+ Stereo/Mch Analogue Production SACDs and I made out LIKE A BANDIT, JP 🐶 !

See the source image

Last edited:

halbroome

900 Club - QQ All-Star
Reaction score
I liked it a whole lot better two years ago when Acoustic Sounds had a 50% off sale on approximately 200+ Stereo/Mch Analogue Production SACDs and I made out LIKE A BANDIT, JP 🐶 !

See the source image

Oh, Oh YEA! Bought the complete set of Beach Boy SACDs then and have not regretted it a bit, oh no!

In fact, at the tail end of summer, I feel like putting some on 👣

edit: to keep on topic (I go off constantly, sorry) -- well, ABBEY ROAD, duh, and GONG, and two signed Richard Thompson acoustic CDs (and the first one unsigned to complete the trio), and Alan Parson's THE SECRET, Auryn Quartet's FRENCH strings, and Eton Crop's only CD from Holland. There may be one or two more (I have a problem, obviously).

Last edited:

bluelightning

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Reaction score
Well ,
I just bought me a a copy of the Yes- Tales from Topographic Oceans. YES is not necessarily a band I grew up listening to and didn't necessarily like some of thier other albums. But I had chance to listen to this in stereo recently and for some reason I really liked it. Now I simply have to get a hold of Steven Wilson's surround mix on bluray.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Reaction score
To be honest, I don't know if this is in surround......but I took a flyer on it. It is Blu-Ray.....it's also Eagle Rock, so who knows....

1567442237893.png

rtbluray

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What am I waiting on?

Sept 27: "Abbey Road" by the Beatles (3 CD/Blu-Ray Box set; pre-ordered from amazon)
Oct 11: "Psurroundabout Ride" by the Dukes of Stratosphear (XTC) (CD/Blu-Ray set; pre-ordered from Burning Shed)
Oct 18: "Stormwatch" by Jethro Tull (4CD/2DVD set; pre-ordered from amazon)
Nov 1: "Afraid of Sunlight" by Marillion (4CD/Blu-Ray set; pre-ordered from amazon)
Nov 1: "Monster" by R.E.M. (5CD/Blu-Ray set; pre-ordered from amazon)

Also, I'm waiting on a better price for "The Later Years" by Pink Floyd before I order it.

And finally, still waiting on an announcement on "The Seeds of Love" from Tears for Fears! Hopefully we get the announcement this month to stop the agonizing wait!

:)

Last edited:

Quad Linda

Staff member
Reaction score
Later Years - Pink Floyd 5 CD/6 BD/5 DVD/2 45rpm singles w/assorted chachkies

Abbey Road - Beatles 3 CD/BD Joe couldn't find the 78 rpm version I requested. My fave Fab Four album and in my top 10.

Psurroundabout Ride - Dukes of Stratosphear (XTC) CD/BD Been waiting for this a loooong time. Does this mean it will be 125.4 O'Clock in 5.1??

Stormwatch - Jethro Tull 4 CD/2 DVD-V Is Ian searching for Gerald Bostock in those binoculars?

hwkn

Reaction score
XTC-Dukes Of Stratosphere cd/Blu ray set......King Crimson-ITCOTCK 3cd/Blu ray set......Jethro Tull-Stormwatch box

The Rang

Reaction score
A nine disc order of Dutton Vocalions from Grooves Inc.

Raiders - Hard’N’Heavy/Indian Reservation
Main Ingredient - Euphrates River
Guess Who - Best of Vol.2/Rockin,
Herbie Hancock - Sextant
George Benson - Body Talk
Airto - Fingers/Live
Poco - Cantamos/Seven
Hugo Montenegro - Hugo in Wonderland/Neils Diamonds plus Love Theme from the Godfather

This takes a decent chunk out of my DV wishlist

Last edited:

hwkn

Reaction score
XTC-Dukes Of Stratosphere cd/Blu ray set......King Crimson-ITCOTCK 3 cd/Blu ray set