What Are You Waiting On? (Surround Only)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if D-V releasing just ONE new surround album (Tomita "Firebird") this month is just a brilliant way of clearing out some more of their back catalog of surround SACDs (nobody orders just one, lol!)

I ordered the Tomita as well as the Deodato 2-fer. I have the first Deodato on vinyl and have held off, but with the recent drought in interesting surround releases the time had come.

I really didn't know Tomita at all and so my interest was initially low, but I discovered that music from this particular album was used for some scenes in a very well-known Norwegian TV series from my childhood (kind of a combination of a children's series and classic comedy) so it will be interesting to hear in its original context.

How does the other previously released Tomita disc compare (the Ravel one)?

It's absolutely stunning, shakti. And no doubt, you'll be thrilled with the Deodato two~fer. Great discrete SACD and really, time to phase out that 70's vinyl edition.

I'm eagerly awaiting delivery of a release I learned about, courtesy of QQ: Strangers, by Chicago band They Seem Like Owls, on DVD-V. 😃

King Crimson-Heaven And Earth boxed set.........and i'm still waiting for possibly 3-5 more weeks.

Last edited:
Well...I'm waiting on the King Crimson Box Set and the Tangerine Dream Box Set...I wish I could say I'm eagerly awaiting them...but that's not true...but I responded to this thread for another thing I'm waiting on...it's amazon US...are they going to stay at the present prices for these 2 box sets...or make a late move with a substantial price drop...the price disparity between the amazon's is considerable....now this has happened before...but I can't remember it being so much difference in price..and why would amazon do this....the UK amazon could restrict the US customers from buying the sets...but instead they chose to ship these sets over 4,000 miles to me in Florida...at a time when shipping costs are affecting everyone in this industry...

My order from amazon UK on the King Crimson set is $144.50...and the US price is $206.89(actually more because they charge me tax) a difference of $62.39....the UK price of Tangerine Dream is $137 and the US price is $215.68(plus tax)so a difference of $78.68....so the combined savings on the 2 sets is around $141 to ship something over 4,000 miles to me...when I live in a state with several amazon warehouses..one 60 miles from where I live...maybe because both of these titles are imports...this could explain some difference in cost...I just wonder why amazon is so passive about these prices...importcds is only around $143 plus shipping...a far cry from $215...

Yeah, that Amazon UK beats the DGM "frequent flyer" price. I'll be ordering that real soon!
Waiting on though?
That would be mono Saucerful Of Secrets vinyl. Bastards are making me wait till June 13 now apparently... For a generational copy of their HD digital master pressed to vinyl because they aren't selling the actual HD master yet. Bastards... They've got me on this one. What are ya gonna do! (Not pay double to get it sooner apparently.)

Yeah, yeah. I ordered this one......don't own the multi-mix, so figured...WTF.

The Rolling Stones Rock And Roll Circus boxed set [I won't getting it until the 28th at Barnes And Noble since that's their release date]

Back