What AV receiver

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
62 pounds.jpg Lol When Mario was discribing this unit we were both giddy. I should have it Thursday. Good thing I took back the Denon for I only had 15 days before the refund policy expired. Made it by ond day. I thought I had 30 days. Cheers to you Leevitalone.
she weighs in at 54lbs. loaded to the max with features. I like Integra and Onkyo becuase of the WRAT amps.that guy is 5-199khz. The dog will hear stuff you don't. Crossovers for channel pairs,real tough ass transformer, and push-pull amps. Holy shit, it cooks breakfast the next day. I'll take two.

said it before, I'll say it again, I wouldn't have another Denon AVR as I hate the byproducts of Audyssey that I experienced with my last Denon.. particularly what it does with EQ and room correction.. Audyssey rolls off the treble and unnaturally boosts the bass.. but worse still from a discrete/surround music p.o.v., it tampers with soundfield placement and timing. I know a lot of people swear by Audyssey but I could only bear to playback 5.1 SACDs/DVDAs/DTS CDs through my Denon with Audyssey completely shut OFF, rather defeating the point of having it in the first place.

Yammy's YPAO isn't perfect (I'm still not 100% happy at the way it sets up the LFE, it could do with improvement)
but at least it doesn't kill the highs completely, nor boost and bloat the low-end.. the best thing of all about YPAO is that even on lower-rent Yammy AVR's unlike Audyssey MultEQ, you can utilise all the auto setup parameters YPAO reports and then manually tweak and tailor it to your hearts' content without the invaluable distance/level data being lost as Audyssey did on my Denon AVR.

do Integra use Audyssey (as Onkyo do)..? ..and if this Integra has Audyssey, does it have the version of Audyssey (i.e. superior to MultEQ) that you can manually adjust things after you've carried out the mic-setup? I hope so, as I guarantee you'll need it.. some very undesirable things Audyssey does, imo.

I've answered my own question.. that model Integra comes with Audyssey MultEQ XT32.

I've no experience of using that particular flavour of Audyssey.. but it seems its more sophisticated/accurate than the more vanilla MultEQ I know and loathe!

At least you can always defeat it if you hate what it does! :mad:@:

I hope so for the Yamaha I had it was ypao and I did not care for it . With the Denon 4520 ci the 8 point mic placement on the Audyssey I thought it might be pretty good. I did not care for it . I set each speaker manuely and boom the sound field was really good on the Denon It was really really good
I've answered my own question.. that model Integra comes with Audyssey MultEQ XT32.

I've no experience of using that particular flavour of Audyssey.. but it seems its more sophisticated/accurate than the more vanilla MultEQ I know and loathe!

At least you can always defeat it if you hate what it does! :mad:@:

In an attempt to improve, and simplify setuip, they added this feature. I do not have it, so my comment is based on what I have read, and that is most people end up doing the set up manually anyway! It sets channel vol. distance and delay? I can see that being confusing to a novice. I bought a used avr and the poor owner before me had no clue. The distance was all over the place, and other settings were all mixed up-crossovers etc. Good art. at avs about manufacters stuffing too much into the avr today. The result is lots of folks are just buying soundbars. Even to one with some knowledge, my jvc dvd a player had terms in the manual I still don't get-even after looking up the definition. Just another reason why I miss the 70's style receivers, they even look better-not like a car battery at all.

Don't you just love tracking? I'm sitting here watching my "new" Denon make it's way here. Cool!

In an attempt to improve, and simplify setuip, they added this feature. I do not have it, so my comment is based on what I have read, and that is most people end up doing the set up manually anyway! It sets channel vol. distance and delay? I can see that being confusing to a novice. I bought a used avr and the poor owner before me had no clue. The distance was all over the place, and other settings were all mixed up-crossovers etc. Good art. at avs about manufacters stuffing too much into the avr today. The result is lots of folks are just buying soundbars. Even to one with some knowledge, my jvc dvd a player had terms in the manual I still don't get-even after looking up the definition. Just another reason why I miss the 70's style receivers, they even look better-not like a car battery at all.

Don't you just love tracking? I'm sitting here watching my "new" Denon make it's way here. Cool!

these auto setups can come back with all sorts of kooky distance/level/EQ results, so the previous owner of the used AVR you bought may just have set it up "right" according to the auto setup, you never know!

also the prev. owner may have had wildly different speakers so those crazy-ass crossovers could point to them having had tiny satellites at rear and big fuck off towers at front or something like that. all just speculation.. who cares now anyway, you have it setup right and thats all that matters! (y)

My Onkyo receiver crapped out on me last week, so I was in the market for a replacement. Someone mentioned Emotiva earlier in this thread and that's what I just ordered today. I took a plunge into the separates route and I'm getting the UMC-200 7.1 Pre-amp/Surround Processor and the UPA-700 amp. This exact combo just had a great review in the latest Sound and Vision. I'm looking forward to it!

umc200_front_1024x1024.jpgupa700_front_1024x1024.jpg

Hope it brings a wide grin when you have it dialed in. the Emotiva have a big following on the Klipsch forum. I like the look of them . Let us hear your report Cheers on your score

My Onkyo receiver crapped out on me last week, so I was in the market for a replacement. Someone mentioned Emotiva earlier in this thread and that's what I just ordered today. I took a plunge into the separates route and I'm getting the UMC-200 7.1 Pre-amp/Surround Processor and the UPA-700 amp. This exact combo just had a great review in the latest Sound and Vision. I'm looking forward to it!

I own the UMC1 pre-amp, XPA-5 5x200W amp, and a UPA-2 2x125W amp, plus a XDA1 DAC. I am quite happy with them. The UMC1 has some useability flaws, but I have been able to work around them. For example, the EMO-Q room correction is mostly useless, but I don't really care about that. It has manual EQ capabilities if you want to tweak by ear or use your own room correction software. The sound quality using the multi-channel analog inputs from my Oppo BDP83SE is very good. MUCH better than the AVR I had before, and it was the same price originally. I am waiting for them to release the XMC-1, their high-end pre/pro. I may upgrade to that if the reviews are good.

Let us know how you like it!

Now I have drool all over the place, having intense audiogasams .
Got my Denon-after having only Marantz (70's) and Onkyo/Integra, there is a definate change in sound. It seems the Denon has a wider-more spacious sound. I won't say it's better, just different. My old Integra was 103 watts this is 105. Not much difference. I know I have to get used to it. Had the Integra 14 yrs. You become used to the sound. All in all for $71.00 (actual cost), and as clean as it is, I mean it looks like new, I'll become used to it. Denon is hard to get on fleabay, I see lots of resellers. I got lucky , I just asked the seller he said he wasn't interested in the money end.
The previous Integra I got for $37.00. 85 watts x6. that too was clean as new.
Hey Fishead: ever see the Anthem line? If I was to ever hit money, it would be Anthem. Just saw it in S&V mag. Talk about high end shit. man these guys are mean.

View attachment 10088View attachment 10089

Yah! holy shite!

Yes Leevitalone Mario has a Anthem at his shop that a customer balked on I almost went that way however opted for the Integra. You sure do find good deals
Got my Denon-after having only Marantz (70's) and Onkyo/Integra, there is a definate change in sound. It seems the Denon has a wider-more spacious sound. I won't say it's better, just different. My old Integra was 103 watts this is 105. Not much difference. I know I have to get used to it. Had the Integra 14 yrs. You become used to the sound. All in all for $71.00 (actual cost), and as clean as it is, I mean it looks like new, I'll become used to it. Denon is hard to get on fleabay, I see lots of resellers. I got lucky , I just asked the seller he said he wasn't interested in the money end.
Hey Fishead: ever see the Anthem line? If I was to ever hit money, it would be Anthem. Just saw it in S&V mag. Talk about high end shit. man these guys are mean.

$71 is far less than I paid, and I was in the business. Of course, I bought my Denon AVR-3801 in 2000 when it was introduced. List was $1200, so I got it on accommodation directly from Denon at $600. I bought two at the time and later sold one to my best buddy, who is still using it as his main system. Since I already had my first B&K preamp and amps, it was for my second system.

I own the UMC1 pre-amp, XPA-5 5x200W amp, and a UPA-2 2x125W amp, plus a XDA1 DAC. I am quite happy with them. The UMC1 has some useability flaws, but I have been able to work around them. For example, the EMO-Q room correction is mostly useless, but I don't really care about that. It has manual EQ capabilities if you want to tweak by ear or use your own room correction software. The sound quality using the multi-channel analog inputs from my Oppo BDP83SE is very good. MUCH better than the AVR I had before, and it was the same price originally. I am waiting for them to release the XMC-1, their high-end pre/pro. I may upgrade to that if the reviews are good.

Let us know how you like it!

I'm looking forward to the XMC-1 too. Unfortunately it has no release date yet and I couldn't wait since I'm without a recveiver in my main set-up. One of the great things about Emotiva is their "Upgrade for Life " policy. If I decide I want the XMC-1 when it comes out, I can get it for 25% off.

Back