What concert are you watching? (ALL Formats, DVD-V, BD..maybe LDs too)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We seem to be at a point now (blame YouTube) where there’s little need to purchase concert videos on DVD/BD. Especially, if you only watch a concert once or twice. About a month back, I watched a couple of video concerts (one old, one current) of one of my favorite artists for free. Both of these videos are not available on disc and they looked and sounded great off YouTube. Though, many concerts on YouTube look like crap. Then there’s the concerts that were taken via cellphone. :eek:

sEtjsAM.jpg

Big Big Train :smokin

25th anniversary R&R Hall of Fame Blu-Ray; ditto
Interesting, that the video is 1080i, & looks superlative; audio, is flawless
Must have

I actually just visited the R&R HOF last week and they have this concert playing continuously all day in one of their theaters, and it looked and sounded awesome. When I popped in, they were playing Jeff Beck and then Bruce Springsteen. Thanks for reminding me about this. I had been meaning to look into getting this on Blu-ray.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just finished watching the superb performances on enclosed DVD in the CSNY 1974 box set. Was great to see and hear the previously unreleased Pushed It Over the End by Neil Young. I love his writing from that era. I wish more than eight songs were included on the DVD! I hope we get to see more video from the tour some day.

I also watched The Doors Live at the Isle of Wight. Good stuff. Morrison was quite subdued, but put in a good vocal performance. Apparently, some film is missing because you can tell when Jim's mouth doesn't match the words on a few songs after When the Music's Over.

Since my 5.1 setup and the advent of dvd and now BD I don't bother going to live shows anymore. One of the last one's was a disaster, with Santana and a popular tune, and some girl screaming in my ear because the did the tune.
The high costs, rude people, and maybe I'm just too old? But, -the absolute last was the Dan and OMG it was awful! The band was on they were outstanding, but the sound system was all distorted and really bad. I see it's nice to sit home pop open a cold brew - spark , and enjoy the show.

Eagles Live From Melbourne :smokin Watching on 106" - with DSU 7.1.4 - loud!

8KtiFki.jpg

Joe Walsh singing that he always was First to arrive at the Party - in the song One Day at the Time.

I love Joe Walsh, great party music - remember buying his album "You Bought It - You Name It" on vinyl in 1983. Having a few beers, listening to the album on my turntable for the first time - and then the last song on side A began to play, I.L.B.T.s... :LB Whaaaa??

Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Inductions 2014-2017 on blu ray in 5.1

The pics are:
ELO
Steve Howe
Rest of Yes with Geddy Lee on bass
Deep Purple
Chicago
Cat Stevens
Peter Gabriel
Linda Ronstadt induction with Emmylou Harris, Bonnie Raitt, Stevie Nicks, Sheryl Crow, and Carrie Underwood singing
fullsizeoutput_7fc.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_800.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_801.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_803.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_804.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_80a.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_808.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_809.jpeg

Back