What concert are you watching? (ALL Formats, DVD-V, BD..maybe LDs too)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How cool! I remember getting that VHS tape for Christmas back then and was ecstatic. I had multiple "Heartbeat City" album covers(?) on my walls at the time (those square cardboard things I got from the local record store... not actual album sleeves... my walls were covered with them!) (I was 15 ;) )

Cool!!

I recommend you get this DVD - it sounds great, the surround is in fact better than a lot of discrete 5.1 dvd's I have. Great fidelty too :smokin

2n6Js5Q.jpg

Peter Gabriel performing "Downside Up" upside down :smokin

Bryan Adams - The Bare Bones Tour: Live At The Sydney Opera House (September 2011) on blu ray in 5.1

Just Bryan on acoustic guitar and piano accompaniment. At first glance one would assume that this is a venue that is way over the top for this type of concert...and I wouldn't argue with that, but it does seem to work quite well. Sound is fairly good, a nice natural Opera House reverb in the surrounds, can't expect much more for this small acoustic set. I rate it 4 guitars out of 5, partly because he's an awesome performer.:rocks

fullsizeoutput_83a.jpeg

Spent some time reorganizing my media shelves today, trying to free-up every possible inch for more surround, and what do I find but an old, unexplored boxed set: Bruce Springsteen "Born To Run"... with a 5.1 DVD!... so I pop that sucker in, Bruce Live at the Hammersmith Odeon 1975... and there goes a couple hours of my day! Phenomenally full sound (mostly audience in the rears, though) and vintage Bruce & the gang on the screen.
I sure do miss Clarence.

Back