What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Always falling behind in this thread. Aside from the deluxe Roxy Music, this week's other arrival was today -

Bill Nelson - That Old Mysterioso
BN-_That_Old_Mysterioso-400.jpg

Just released several months ago, the original LP/cassette version available on CD for the first time....DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper (Expanded Edition)

28412558649_f2d9302513_n.jpg

New Toto Greatest Hits album, 40 Trips Around The Sun, with newly-recorded tracks featuring the late Jeff Porcaro and Mike Porcaro.

28412558369_0d2fa7c51e_n.jpg

And a couple of recent CDs from some obscure bands :thumbs:

40013751542_41392b57cc_n.jpg
39156328565_ef882f1d1b_n.jpg

Just released several months ago, the original LP/cassette version available on CD for the first time....DJ Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - He's the DJ, I'm the Rapper (Expanded Edition)

28412558649_f2d9302513_n.jpg

New Toto Greatest Hits album, 40 Trips Around The Sun, with newly-recorded tracks featuring the late Jeff Porcaro and Mike Porcaro.

28412558369_0d2fa7c51e_n.jpg

And a couple of recent CDs from some obscure bands :thumbs:

40013751542_41392b57cc_n.jpg
39156328565_ef882f1d1b_n.jpg

Wow...that's quite a cover on the Chicago title:)...the fact that I can read the word Chicago means I'm not an internet robot and I won't need an eye exam this year(y)

I decided to get some music from when I was about 8 and got my first transistor radio, and watched the Rolling Stones appear as the best up and coming group on Ready, Steady, Go! (a mid-late 60s UK TV music show) the 3CDs a massive £7. Amusingly no Rolling Stones on this compilation though!

the sixties.jpg

Sun Goddess - Ramsey Lewis UK expanded CD Includes 2 7" versions of title track (US & UK), and Jungle Strut. This is my 4th copy. 2 ch LP, 1/2 speed LP and CD were the others. A great album which has members of Earth, Wind & Fire on two tracks. Another great example of the jazz fusion stuff I couldn't get enough of in the 70's.

Sun Goddess - Ramsey Lewis UK expanded CD Includes 2 7" versions of title track (US & UK), and Jungle Strut. This is my 4th copy. 2 ch LP, 1/2 speed LP and CD were the others. A great album which has members of Earth, Wind & Fire on two tracks. Another great example of the jazz fusion stuff I couldn't get enough of in the 70's.

From one Goddess to another(y)...good to see you posting:)

such a shame the Sun Goddess Sony Surround SACD that was up for preorder "back in the day" has never seen the light of day in any form since it got unceremoniously dropped.. great album indeed, greater to see you hanging out at QQ :upthumb

I made a purchase based on JediJoker's advice and it paid off...big time...I picked up the TriCycle CD by Flim & the BB's and it is superb

View attachment 32357
Clint, this was always a FAV of mine. Always wondered why it was never released in QUAD or 5.1 as DMP did release a few of their titles in 5.1. I did meet Tom Jung one day at a local record shop and he was a very affable person [JUNG was the owner/producer of DMP Records].

DMP on SACD: https://www.hraudio.net/search.php?format=0&keywords=DMP Note: TriCycle was released on SACD in stereo only and is still available from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0000500CP/?tag=hraudio-20

I was aware of the stereo SACD version of TriCycle....and to be candid I doubt the DNR is as good as the CD....the CD version is untouched and I'm sure they did some tweaking of the SACD version....an example of doing a title that really didn't need to be done...of course it would appeal to the "metric lovers"...tell them it's hi rez and they just think it's better...the placebo effect:cool:

I was aware of the stereo SACD version of TriCycle....and to be candid I doubt the DNR is as good as the CD....the CD version is untouched and I'm sure they did some tweaking of the SACD version....an example of doing a title that really didn't need to be done...of course it would appeal to the "metric lovers"...tell them it's hi rez and they just think it's better...the placebo effect:cool:

I do have many of the DMP multichannel SACDs and a ton of DMP RBCDs and to be totally honest, the RBCDs were always reference material [back in the day]. I was always put off by the high price of the TriCycle SACD and never bothered to add it to my collection and the RBCD sounds pretty spectacular on its own. If it was released in multichannel, I might've taken the plunge, but alas, because it was stereo only ........ eh!

Hmmmm

The New Hendrix - Both Sides of the Sky
Simon Garfunkel - Parsley Sage Blah Blah Blah
Simon Garfunkel - Wednesday 3AM
Simon Garfunkel - Bookends
The Cars Expanded and Candy O and Panarama Expanded
Traffic - Barleycorn Deluxe Edition
Traffic - Canteen(Live) Snood like Dave Mason Era Traffic the best
Traffic - On The Road (Live)
Steve Winwood - Arc of A Diver
Manfred Mann - Chance (Great Album) :)

Back