What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Loreena is wonderful! I've seen her live twice. The first time was at Chicago Theater in '98, the second was at Chicago's Civic Opera House in '07 (?) When she introduced her band in '98, she introduced them as "idling Porsches."

Aparte from some Pink Floyd's odds and sods (like a German Masters of Rock and Picnic compilation), I received today Loreena McKennitt's last record: Lost Souls. Ages better in my opinion to her Celtic's albums, this one goes back to her trademark full band sound. Songs are said to be leftovers and don't enter in any new ground, though still sound fresh and full of Loreena's enchantment.
I bought the vinyl from Quinlan Road at a very good price and like the rest of her vinyl reissues, it sounds superb. Very recommendable.
(And Loreena, if you ever read this, we want your full discography remixed in surround!)

Loreena is wonderful! I've seen her live twice. The first time was at Chicago Theater in '98, the second was at Chicago's Civic Opera House in '07 (?) When she introduced her band in '98, she introduced them as "idling Porsches."
I saw her live only once in Brescia, Italy. It was the most emotional concert I've ever been to. Picture a warm summer night in an open air mediaeval piazza in Italy. Add to that Loreena's haunting voice and a wonderful band. And the icing on the cake was a young lady among the public who started singing with her, in tears. Everyone around this girl ended up in tears as well, us included.
I'm not the exaggerating, it was a moment I will never forget.
Supposedly she will be on your during the next couple of years, I will not fail to see her again (hopefully near Spain)

Urgh Stereo remaster mixing by ES for total 10.21 Snood in!! :love:

Snood, there are enough GREAT tunes on this 3 disc compilation to keep you and the missus hummin' along with your new BIG BOX unit for hours. ES has done his usual brilliant remastering job. Can't believe how many fantastic tunes they squeezed onto these discs.......and that ridiculously LOW,:SB LOW price!

Snood, there are enough GREAT tunes on this 3 disc compilation to keep you and the missus hummin' along with your new BIG BOX unit for hours. ES has done his usual brilliant remastering job. Can't believe how many fantastic tunes they squeezed onto these discs.......and that ridiculously LOW,:SB LOW price!

Missus?? Snood not married :whistle:

Sooo yeah Snood been holding out..... but lil update

Snood had 60 bux worth of Best Buy rewards points to redeem by Sunday.......was just gonna buy another Hue Color Light Bulb and figure out where to put it. :unsure: Points were gonna expire after tomorrow

But Snood was buying some obscure late Marvin Gaye today......Like:

In Our Lifetime
Here, My Dear

And while perusing saw that they had released box sets Volume 1 , 2 and 3 - well all of Vol 3 me had........

So went:unsure:

Snood likey early Marvin, but some of his early stuff a lil hard to find..... saw these box sets went whaaaaaaaaaaaaa

So bought the Vol 1 and Vol 2 which is 1960 -1970 total of 15 CDs - Whole discography up to Whats Going On.......Oh forgot to mention it includes all the Duet albums tooooo :QQlove

Total on Best Buy was about 10 bux more than it would been on Amazon - about 71 dollars........So used my 60 bux of Best Buy reward certificates about to expire and another 10 dollar best buy card and Snooood paid

Get This!!!

63 cents :LB for 15 discs

Then Snood thought hmmmmmm That BIG STAR box set looks gooood tooooooo - KEEP AN EYE ON THE SKY - again Best Buy was about 10 bux more - but Snood has 600 Bux worth of Best Buy Gift cards so spent 40 of them on that total being 46 cents

Don;t get me started on my early Stevie Wonder buys... will save that for later along with much much more

Take that Liiiiinda :SG:LOL:

Last edited:
Love the new Courtney Barnett album, "Tell Me How You Really Feel". I think she's great, especially compared to all the crappy music out there now. Too bad new indie artists like her show no interest in multi-channel mixes. Nevertheless, I would strongly recommend her to alt-rock fans.

...But Snood was buying some obscure late Marvin Gaye today......Like:
In Our Lifetime
Here, My Dear

Here, My Dear was Marvin's "present" for his (ex) wife Anna Gordy. It was reported that she was to get his royalties from this album as part of their divorce settlement. So, there was little motivation to do a spectacular album.

Here, My Dear was Marvin's "present" for his (ex) wife Anna Gordy. It was reported that she was to get his royalties from this album as part of their divorce settlement. So, there was little motivation to do a spectacular album.

Linda - you one of me faves so please no take offense to this..... altho Snood must keep up with the Linda cd postings lol. - Hiya Linda :LB

Motivation? A present?? After a divorce? - Oooooooooooooooh Snood would think not - The album was a flop - some say purposely so......only after his death, did they say it was some of his best later work.........It certainly is not and by far. Pretty sure he knew what he was doing here.

Snood only has 100,000 cds to catch up to Linda.............me almost there :rolleyes:

Seriously Linda , Snood have a sheeeeeeeeetload of cds and box and surround.........but wow Snood just can not imagine everything you have, but it would be like in rainbow unicorn land for me. Please be Rum there?

Linda You Roxorz :rocks

Oh Btw more Snood cds piled up lol :SB

Last edited:
Liiiiiiinda Snooooood know you like Michael Blooooooomfield too - btw that is the correct spelling :LB

me already know you probably have this one........but just in case

Nick Gravenites - My Labors - It is freaking Awesome and Yes Bloooooo god damn it how many o's did i have before.......yes he is on top of his game here

Lotta these cuts are not the same, but of the same concert from the release Michael Blooooo (me give up) Live at Bill Graham's Fillmore West - not sure why they did not include these tunes because they are as or more awesome.

Check it out if you already no doubt already have it.......but for others..........its a burner if you into blooo screw it :dance

Last edited:
I love My Labors! One of the great overlooked albums. I have it on a 7 1/2 ips prerecorded reel and a UK CD.

Got a chance to meet Nick a few months back. He's a bit worse for the wear. Must be that healthy lifestyle. Very nice man.

I scoffed at his cousin in '67 when he told me that his cousin Nick was in a band that was about to be big. He was one of my junior high buds.

Also have a poster from Chicago Blues Reunion that is framed and signed by Nick, Barry Goldberg, Corky Siegel, et al.

Who is this guy Al?

Having a Gypsy Good Time listening to A Long Time Comin'.

Received this one today

IMG_3095.JPG

The song list on this is KILLER...I"ve only heard a few songs but they sound good...it is a compilation box set so you are drawing from a lot of different sources....so there will be differences in how they sound...but ES is making me proud...content is always king for me...and it's good to be the KING(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

IMG_3096.JPG
IMG_3096.JPG

Back