What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saw that one too but not into the song listing so much - Thank You thought 4 earred and keep them coming :SG

Snood, it's one of those compilation sets that don't appear to have that WOW factor but once you play them......WOW.....Lots of GREAT tunes...surprisingly excellent, in fact!

I've been playing it in heavy rotation for the past week and just transported one of the discs to my car!

Last edited:
On CD 9 now...Clifford Brown...a sad tale...a gifted trumpet player who died at the age of 25 in a car accident....he was "clean"...free of drugs..which at this time in jazz circles was a big deal...he inspired others in the movement to stay "clean" and his talent was a reminder that drugs weren't necessary to get that "sound" that all jazz players searched for...he wasn't just a tragic figure...this guy could play(y)...Horace Parlan is also on this disc..and what a contrast...Horace just passed away a year ago at the age of 86...I'm familiar with his piano work as I have some Charles Mingus recordings he played on....

LP1.jpg
LP2.jpg

Oh man...so cool. How does the Weezer sound? I have wanted that particular vinyl and haven't pulled the trigger.

Just listened today but while working (I was working from home today), It sounded very good and no surface noise. Need to give it proper listen (i.e. without doing anything else).
I actually ordered this @ amazon first for an awesome price of $22.50 but it was OOS, then found at walmart.com for the same price. Received the copy from walmart last week. I did not cancel the amazon order and today amazon shipped it, so cancelled it before it started its trip. I considered keeping a reserve then thought...Nah... :)

I just recieved a dbx encoded copy of the J Geils Band Love Stinks. It's my fourth dbx lp, lol. Sounds good though, although it's late and I can't crank it. This album has.alwaya been a favorite of mine. Any J Geils fans out there?
I just sold a boatload of dbx discs....need a decoder? Or two?

How many DBX encoded vinyl discs did they actually make? I also have some [somewhere] and don't known if I still have the DBX disc decoder but it really did not make that much of an impression on me.
There weren't very many, but I guess it depends on the genre. Alot of classical and jazz. I'm more into the rock and pop. Some were made by Nautilus. Of the ones I have, they all sound great, and must have been great masters. Dead quiet and good sound. I'm actually looking for the Styx dbx discs...maybe one day I'll find one.

Back