What's the Latest CD/LP Added to Your Pile #2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of my 10 favorite albums. IMHO, Spirit's best.

I met Randy & Ed at a gig a few months before Randy passed.

RIP Randy Wolfe (California), Ed Cassidy & John Locke.

Ahead of their time, especially this album. I've had 2 LP's, MoFi silver CD, expanded Epic CD and UK 5 CD It Shall Be - Ode & Epic Recordings box. Hoping this finds it's way to SACD soon.

YOU NEED IT!

Last night, $15 at the local used record shop.

Sealed 2009 vinyl reissue:
Spirit - Twelve Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus
Sundazed/Epic Stereo LP/5277

Originally released Nov. 25 1970 as:
Epic E 30627

Last edited:
Picked up the Joni Mitchell Court and Spark DCC Gold Cd....nice album...and mastered by Steve Hoffman and lives up to the numbers

IMG_3248.JPG

Has anyone heard this Tull CD set....there is "some" involvement by Steven Wilson
Some of the SW stereo remixes. It is a decent set but probably not much call for anyone here to purchase.
I checked it out from my library and didn't see a need to purchase after spinning it.
I do not remember how many of the tracks are SW, the book is quite explicit though.

Here if you Listen by David Crosby. Wow, another beauty of a record. Perfect for an autumn afternoon ar home, after having spent the day in the woods picking up hazelnuts.
I also got today Dyonisus by DCD and Waters's A soldier's Tale. Did not have the chance to listen to them yet, no very high expectations. I've been quite disappointed to read that Dyonisus is mostly instrumental, with almost no contribution by Lisa Gerrard. I'll try to listen with a very open mind.
And Waters sophomore effort on classical music... hope the narration is worth!

Taking a little time off from surround music.. Just bought this off a seller on Discogs

Ben Sidran: Puttin in Time on Planet Earth, Japanese shm cd 2008 reissue of his 1973 LP.

Got into Ben Sidran purely by chance..Found his Don't Let Go LP in bargain corner way back in 1974.
Now have all his early releases on CD.

This man has some really cool grooves.

Be great in surround!!

Last edited:
Taking a little time off from surround music.. Just bought this off a seller on Discogs

Ben Sidran: Puttin in Time on Planet Earth, Japanese shm cd 2008 reissue of his 1973 LP.

Got into Ben Sidran purely by chance..Found his Don't Let Go LP in bargain corner way back in 1974.
Now have all his early releases on CD.

This man has some really cool grooves.

Be great in surround!!

An original member of The Steve Miller Band.

My More Blood showed up yesterday, as well. I've listened to two of the 6 CD's. Some interesting lyric variations. "...got all them buckets coming out of my ears..."

I strongly recommend Ben Sidran's On the Live Side w/Steve Miller and Phil Woods. On the Cool Side features some guy named Mac Rebennack, as well as Miller. Evidently, they all have a good travel agent!

This box set arrived today. I really like these Dylan CD box sets.
View attachment 36346

My More Blood showed up yesterday, as well. I've listened to two of the 6 CD's. Some interesting lyric variations. "...got all them buckets coming out of my ears..."

I strongly recommend Ben Sidran's On the Live Side w/Steve Miller and Phil Woods. On the Cool Side features some guy named Mac Rebennack, as well as Miller. Evidently, they all have a good travel agent!

Thankyou for that Linda. (y) Now checking to see where I can get these. I see on Amazon there is a DVD of On the Live Side with good reviews. Unfortunately its region 1( I knew I should have got a multi region player..der).

Just found this..

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ben-There-...&qid=1541257457&sr=1-1&keywords=ben+sidran+cd

In fact, I'm now looking at all his releases. This man deserves to have more of a shout ....imo.

Last edited:
Went to my favourite record store looking for surround music but came away with two CDs I've been meaning to buy. Steven Wilson's To The Bone. I have the Bluray but wanted the cd for the car (Acura TL with ELS surround) and my iPod which I listen to for about 6 hours a day at work. (Only thing that gets me through the day lol). And, picked up Porcupine Tree's Stars Die 2x cd package best of delirium years remastered. Wow. I did not listen to all the songs in the car but boy do they sound good in the Dolby digital surround of the car. Very nice. Have I said how much I love this car.

Roseanne Cash: She Remembers Everything and the Pistol Annies: Interstate Gospel. Both are terrific albums but spoilt a bit by the knob twiddlers who can't seem to control the urge to compress everything these days - both are listenable but not as enjoyable as they could have been. It seems strange that artists spend months putting an album together and at the last stage someone decides to negate some of the good work.

all for $1.99..used...
Fiona Apple
-Tidal
-When the Pawn (ALMOST NEW!)
Sting
-The Soul Cages
-Demolition man (was not aware of this release...has the remake of the title song and a few songs from 10ST live in Italy..
Sarah MacLaclan
-Surfacing
-Mirrorball
Everything but the girl
-Amplified Heart (like new!)
Enya
-The memory of trees (like new)
Robert Downey Jr
-The Futurist

and one I already had but it's a 1985 pressing like new too
She's Having a Baby OST (lots of goodies from XTC, Kate Bush, etc)

Back