What's the Latest DISCRETE Quad LP Added to Your Pile? CD-4, UD-4

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 new CD-4's in today from Japan

Francini Y Su Orquesta Sinfónica – Francini - Continental Tango In CD-4, Vol. 1

JVC – CD4W-7055

Francini - Continental Tango In CD-4, Vol. 1.jpg

Rimsky-Korsakov* - The Philadelphia Orchestra ; Eugene Ormandy, Norman Carol – Scheherazade-Symphonic Suite, Op. 35

RCA Red Seal – R4C-2019

Scheherazade-Symphonic Suite, Op. 35.jpg

Los Lecuona Cuban Boys* – Malaguena

RCA – R4J 7005

Los Lecuona Cuban Boys – Malaguena.jpg

Last edited:
:SB
Man talk about your funky Quadliscious Big Band extravaganza 🤯
They (whoever "they are"), did a great job with the discrete mix on this one!

I also really lucked out ordering this one, as it came unexpectedly as the Japanese JVC – CD4B-5090, rather than the "E" English version. I don't currently even see the non-English version on discogs

folder.jpg

:SB
Man talk about your funky Quadliscious Big Band extravaganza 🤯
They (whoever "they are"), did a great job with the discrete mix on this one!

I also really lucked out ordering this one, as it came unexpectedly as the Japanese JVC – CD4B-5090, rather than the "E" English version. I don't currently even see the non-English version on discogs

View attachment 97945
Gotta love the "Swing Beavers";)

Saw a Buy-It-Now on this Gem. I couldn't say NO. Sure, the LP jacket is torn along the top edge and the OBI is missing.... but, to be perfectly honest - I really don't care about any of that. The record needs to be cleaned (gonna try out my new Ultrasonic bath!!) but already plays quite well with oodles of demodulator signal. Oh, and to those who're curious - yes, the mix is identical to the U.S. Q8.

Jim Croce CD-4 001.JPG

Jim Croce CD-4 002.JPG

Alice Cooper, Muscle of Love. Looked at the stereo version in my local record store around half a century ago and didn't fancy it however times changes things and money changed hands accordingly. I'm pleased to advise that playback is petty near flawless so I suppose the wait was worth it in the end

Attachments

• IMG_20231230_125344752.jpg
    IMG_20231230_125344752.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
Alice Cooper, Muscle of Love. Looked at the stereo version in my local record store around half a century ago and didn't fancy it however times changes things and money changed hands accordingly. I'm pleased to advise that playback is petty near flawless so I suppose the wait was worth it in the end
I had one of those but traded it off when I got the quad reel. I had the stereo version as well before that. I wish that I had kept at least one of the LP's with that cover. CD's, SACD's and Q4 reels are just not the same!

GREAT HITS FROM THE
GREAT GATSBY ERA

Another Enoch Light/Project 3, just in from Germany.

Need some help on this one?

The outside front cover shows number PR 5086 QD (I believe that's the QS version), however the LP label shows number PR 5086 CD-4 which would be CD-4 *according to Mark Anderson's database???

Anyway, would be another great one for Vocalion to tackle IMO, their last batch with Tony Mottola sounds wonderful.

This one was:
Produced by ENOCH LIGHT; Associate Producers - TONY MOTTOLA & JEFF HEST; Engineers- STEVE FRIEDMAN & DON HAHN.

I'm really looking forward to hearing this one!

folder.jpg

Back