What's the Latest DISCRETE Quad LP Added to Your Pile? CD-4, UD-4

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi. All

Another CD-4 LP`s came today..

( WEA Records. CD-4 K2 56280 -2ND Honey Moon By Deaf School )-

2nd.jpg
disc 3nd.jpg
2disc 2nd.jpg

Cool pic BBQ ,

An elusive cd-4 or so it was 4 for me. Hope u didn't pay too much . :D

Hi. fizzywiggs

Yes I have been after this one for sometime it was allways just out off reach in price,'' but he how weights will reap '' I managed to get it at a fare price & very good condition just a very miner scuff on the second side which is not audible.
This group must of been one of the last to be done in Quad in 1976.
Bill.

Unfortunately, this is my latest acquisition. Dolly Parton's Bubbling Over on a Dynaflex CD-4.

[video=youtube_share;jWGDGhO1WVM]https://youtu.be/jWGDGhO1WVM[/video]

I'm-a try flattening it out because it's also a promo copy with virtually no wear! Couldn't have happened in transport (I don't think) as it was packed really well. I knew the instant I took it out that something was awry - I've had other Dynaflex CD-4 discs that were a little out, but this one is pretty bad.

It's currently on the pool table sitting under a big stack of books AND my spare Quad reel machine. Hoepfully, that'll help. Failing that, It'll go between two sheets of glass out on the front porch for an hour.

after being a non believer, I discovered that yes, you can flatten warped records!!!
My favorite totally unorthodox method is having it lie flat for many months- depends on how warped they are-underneath OTHER LPs that are vertically stored.
I think it gives it enough pressure without totally destroying the grooves...most LPs are very sturdy, taking into account what they really are...

Like anything, it just takes a light amount of heat, pressure and time.

I have a Santana SQ LP with a little whoop-ti-doo in it that has gotten less pronounced over time. I've still not yet tried the sheets of glass/heat method, but I figure I've got nothing to lose. At least in this case, the seller gave me a full refund, so that was nice.

re the LP flattening thing (which is a real problem with some of the flimsy vinyl they used in the Quad days) I recently got a Michell record clamp.. works surprisingly well for some discs, not so good on others I've tried but for some its a real help, including my beloved Poco Seven SQ LP which is dished like an upside down bowl until you clamp it down..

Mv7p3je.jpg

qZyNOcO.jpg

1lLtPbL.jpg

Great point , Adam!! Those pesky pressings that the center is uphill....!!!!

well, I don't enough moolah to get one of these (although I don't think they are so expensive, though) so I use a 45 adapter with a bit of paper in the spindle hole...usually works fine

Great point , Adam!! Those pesky pressings that the center is uphill....!!!!

well, I don't enough moolah to get one of these (although I don't think they are so expensive, though) so I use a 45 adapter with a bit of paper in the spindle hole...usually works fine

clamps not a bad price really, about £30-odd quid on eBay, it looks quite pretty but feels a little underwhelming in the hand since its got negligible weight to it (which i guess is a good thing?) anyway the clamping device works a treat if your platters' spindle has enough length projecting above the label surface of the LP (Michell make two models of the same clamp, one for Rega and other turntables with similar height spindles and one for most other types including Technics SL1200.

Hi. All

Back log to get through.

( Victor.CD-4 CD4W-7074 -Them From The Exorcist )-
( Bang & Olufsen, CD-4 A-2026 + A-2027 -Mahler Symphony No.5 1-2-3-4-Movement :2 LP set )-
( Victor. CD-4 CD4W-7025 -Tanguera-Francini-Pontier )-
( Avco. CD-4 CD4W-7107 -Love is The Answer Von Mc Coy )-

IMG_2016.jpg
IMG_2017.jpg
IMG_2018.jpg
IMG_2019.jpg
X.jpg

IMG_2026.jpg
Untitled_Panorama1.jpg
Untitled_Panorama4.jpg
Untitled_Panorama5.jpg

Back