What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cher Ralphiepie,
je parle Français comme une vache Espagnole,
amitiés,
Freddie Bleu :ROFLMAO:

Un peu cadeau de Monsieur PIE á Pepe Le BLEU:

3aa667ca4e0bbdf5f9d346db1e976a4c.jpg

Last edited:
This week I’ve seen arrive Miles Davis “In A Silent Way” from Japan, Alan Parsons Project “Eye In The Sky”, King Crimson “Larks Tongue In Aspic” and the John Lennon “Legend”
DVD.

Last week was Weather Report “Tale Spinnin’”, George Benson “Body Talk”, the Billy Paul two-fer from Dutton and the INXS “I’m Only Looking” DVD

Good times for surround indeed!

Teemu Raita - Kuuleeko maa? (Hybrid MultiCh SACD)

xgyUKoY.jpeg

UJzNTLF.jpeg

SIB6RnO.jpeg

dVbWvkv.jpeg

ps. a big thank you to Max (QQ Member e28 ) for the heads up on this MultiCh SACD release from Finland (y)
one which I had never even heard of before Max posted about it in Jon's Rarest Sony SACD thread! wow.. we never stop learning about and finding out about new stuff in this surround music hobby we all here share, do we! :eek:

Last edited:
Billy Joel 52nd Street Japan Hybrid SACD edition from CD Japan. When I purchased the Bitches Brew 2 disc SACD I opted for airmail with tracking and it took just over two weeks to arrive complete with customs and collection charges to pay, so this time I tried airmail with no tracking, it was despatched last Thursday and I received it today (Tuesday) and No customs or collection charges to pay:love:

Last edited:
Satin Doll - Kimiko Kasai with Gil Evans Orchestra (Hybrid MultiCh SACD)

JmcWujC.jpeg

many thanks to QQ member BeoProf for the scoop on this one (y)

just a couple of quick things to say about this disc..

1.) haven't had a chance to run it through the computeramabob yet but from what I could make out the SACD channels may be mapped out as 4-channel FL/FR/SL/SR with seemingly no faux Centre or any of that 'jazz' (how much of a problem this may cause some people's AVRs/Processors/DACs/Player setups I don't know),
2.) the surround mix is pretty nice, akin to the CBS U.S. earlier style, very discrete with regard to front-back separation, with distinct stuff happening in the Rears (with quite a bit of silence back there too.. accompanied by a bit of tape hiss.. a good sign I guess!) and lead vocal seemingly all upfront, it doesn't appear to do anything flashy or daft that I could discern but it is far from just an ambient mix (as I rather feared it might be),
3.) musically its rather nice.. the arrangements are top notch (it almost goes without saying!).. the vocals are like "Marmite" (you're either gonna love 'em or hate 'em!).. will post back when i've had time to play it properly and then 'rip' it apart ;)

ps. a big thank you to Max (QQ Member e28 ) for the heads up on this MultiCh SACD release from Finland (y)
one which I had never even heard of before Max posted about it in Jon's Rarest Sony SACD thread! wow.. we never stop learning about and finding out about new stuff in this surround music hobby we all here share, do we! :eek:

Thanks, fredblue, you are welcome!

Back