What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5F408908-5308-4F4E-8BE5-A9004CA00A56.jpeg

Last edited:
This one is a DualDisc..but it is a Silverline:unsure:

I like this disc very much [The Curse of Blondie dualdisc] and although it's not "Classic" Blondie, it has some mighty catchy tunes and the surrounds are pretty active. It's from the Silverline family of discs but the fidelity is upper tier Silverline! Buy with confidence, Clinty.

Finally received my Billy Joel 52nd Street from CDJapan [took forever........but it's HERE]. Of course, LOVE, LOVE that luxurious 7" packaging with all the paraphernalia but what I relished the most was the SOUND. Haven't played the SONY mch SACD in years but this one seems to leap out of my speakers and sounds SUPREME. One of Billy's finest achievements. DSD QUAD Mastering?

WELL worth the double dip!

Last edited:
I like this disc very much [The Curse of Blondie dualdisc] and although it's not "Classic" Blondie, it has some mighty catchy tunes and the surrounds are pretty active. It's from the Silverline family of discs but the fidelity is upper tier Silverline! Buy with confidence, Clinty.

Ralphie...I already purchased it and the playlist is a mixed bag...no problems like the Front Row Discs...just the content is "different"....I like the Robert Cray one better(y)

Ralphie...I already purchased it and the playlist is a mixed bag...no problems like the Front Row Discs...just the content is "different"....I like the Robert Cray one better(y)

IMO, The Curse of Blondie is a grower! Play it a few times and it will 'grow' on you. Wish they'd release Blondie's core albums in 5.1 but until then ........ we're CURSED with this.

eb1d209654a11d127613f3c4b33738ce.jpg

Cheaper in CDJAPAN

It is ta!!

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/COGQ-59

Yep, just get knobbled by customs, so in this case I buy thru Amazon from the Japanese site 'samurai media'. Which worked out about £30 incl postage. Slightly more I know but I have always gone this route for the customer service, in case lost etc.

I will look at them in the future thanks.

This arrived today, talking of Silverline.

Pere Ubu: The Modern Dance

A lot goin on in them speakers....

And yes I've got some of that Blond moment too....Very nice.

Pere Ubu: The Modern Dance is an excellent album, Beerking. Glad you found a copy. It's pretty rare. And I'm glad you like The Curse of Blondie. We should petition for Blondie's core albums in 5.1. Now wouldn't THAT be special?

This arrived today, talking of Silverline.

Pere Ubu: The Modern Dance

A lot goin on in them speakers....

And yes I've got some of that Blond moment too....Very nice.

One of my VERY FAVORITE Wildly discrete MLP DVA~A 5.1 Discs from Silverline [comes in dualdisc and DVD~A cased versions]:

5.0 out of 5 starsFive Stars
July 6, 2016
Format: DVD AudioVerified Purchase
VERY GOOD ALLROUND AAA+++

51tz6cInr7L.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-lis...?ie=UTF8&condition=used&qid=1542230087&sr=8-1

Last edited:
One of my VERY FAVORITE Silverline MLP DVA~A 5.1 Discs from Silverline [comes in dualdisc and DVD~A cased versions]:

Mines the dual disc version.
It certainly is a surprise from Silverline who are well known for not having the best collection of surround releases, although I have quite a few of them from my very early collecting days.

Mines the dual disc version.
It certainly is a surprise from Silverline who are well known for not having the best collection of surround releases, although I have quite a few of them from my very early collecting days.

I have BOTH versions and I LOVE this disc. Sounds simply amazing on my system. Yes, Silverline did have quite a few 'surprises....' Too bad they upmixed a lot of those Sanctuary Stereo discs into 5.1. As I've been saying, all those faux surround albums they produced sound remarkably better in Hi Res Stereo. The Pat Benatar Live From The Front Row is certainly one of them.

Last edited:
Just got Jimi's Axis: Bold As Love on SACD. Best ever sound quality on this classic album (and while I'm not wild about the mono mixes of the LP, it's nice to have them for historical purposes). Worth the wait (now lets bring on the Are You Experienced? SACD).

It's no big deal:D..but since this one isn't multichannel....it should go here

Back