What's the latest Multichannel SACD or DVD-A added to your pile? - Volume 2

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wow.. :eek:
my Charlotte Church SACDs are Stereo!! what's the mix like??

Yeah, I didn't know a surround version of the Charlotte Church album existed, neither does HRAudio.net - is this just a case of the wrong sleeve?

Sorry, I want to mention that the above Charlotte Church SACD doesn't contain a multichannel DSD mix despite what the slipcase say.

Just got the 20th Anniversary of the E.T. score on SACD. Gave it a quick listen yesterday. It sounds great! Mostly seems to be surrounds as ambience, but still works well. Possibly John Williams' best score of all time, probably in my top 5 for sure. Glad to have this release finally!

48280275662_21b3662478.jpg
48280179406_4a6bcb445c.jpg

48280271502_3e3203a99c.jpg
48239204772_f70e362e50.jpg

And I see that it’s a Bob Clearmountain multichannel mix!

fwiw (its been some years since i played a lot of this stuff) but i recall the "All That We Let In" 5.1 being more surround-y than "Become You" (and "Become You" the tougher SACD to find of the two at the time.. now they're all tough or at least semi-hard!)

Are you a Berk. S. of M. grad. there kap', and did you meet any famous musicians studying there?
Ohhh, nobody special...Diana Krall, Paula Cole and Juliana Hatfield were some of the (GORGEOUS AND TALENTED) girls I used to see quite frequently in the Lobby... Sometime I'd see John Petrucci...I was the "Producer" for the weekly R&B recording ensemble and my "supervisor" was Walter Beasley (and yes, I graduated from MP&E..)

fwiw (its been some years since i played a lot of this stuff) but i recall the "All That We Let In" 5.1 being more surround-y than "Become You" (and "Become You" the tougher SACD to find of the two at the time.. now they're all tough or at least semi-hard!)
Thanks. I see that “All” and “Become” are for sale on eBay for 77 and 133 USD, respectively. Oh well, that ship’s sailed!

Back